Raising Creative and Entrepreneurial Kids
- Is “education” killing our creativity?
- “Fun time” is when songs are written, novels are penned, paintings are created, recipes are developed, forts are built, musical instruments come to life, and businesses are started.
- My brother had a passion for firestarting and campfires and lighters when he was younger….and now he wants to pursue glass-blowing!
- My 5th grade son ran his restaurant from his little tent in the backyard.
- Selena Schulz age 9, wrote and self-published a book last summer titled “A Bed A Buck A Buddy; Cici’s Amazing Birthday”.
- My son is making around fifty dollars per week for about an hours work with his snack business.
- Austin wrote a check on his 16th birthday for a white four door 2013 GMC Sierra 1500 with money earned from his Sporty Citrus business.
- Nathan started with Legos – now he’s a Civil Engineer.
Here are Six Summary Principles from Jen McDonough – thanks Jen
- Let them have problems
- Let them be bored
- Foster their creativity by understanding and respecting how they are wired and passions
- Let them get dirty
- Set aside the rule book
- Smile at the irritating things
Mentioned in Podcast
48 Low or No Cost Business Ideas – plenty of ideas for kids or their parents
Harrys.com – use 48Days as the code to get $5.00 off your purchase of Dan’s favorite razor
48 Days Coaching Mastery Program – for those wanting to build a high level business in coaching
Share this Post