To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others
- No driver’s license yet but making money as a photographer.
- Does my age mean my opportunities are diminishing?
- Should I put the $250 it will cost to take an insurance course on a credit card?
- Dear Dan, I need a complete career makeover. how do I get started?
- How can I help my cousin help herself?
- I am tired of feeling sorry for myself, tired of wanting to die.
their hunger drives them on.” Proverbs 16:26
Episode – 11-04-16
In this episode, Dan shares notes and messages from listeners from last week’s podcast. He also takes time to talk about how you can upsell your game on Amazon through his interview of Jim Cockrum. Listen as they exchange talking points surrounding Jim’s unusual business model, and stress the fact you can outsource ALL of your processes, even the process for selling physical products.
Casper Mattresses – Use the code SleepYouLove to get $50 off any purchase and free shipping
Harrys.com – use 48Days as the code to get $5.00 off your purchase of Dan’s favorite razor
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:30 – Preview of Today’s Show on I need a complete career makeover
- No driver’s license yet but making money as a photographer
- Does my age mean that my opportunities are diminishing?
- $250 to take an insurance course on a credit card
- How can I help my cousin help herself?
- I’m tired of feeling sorry for myself, tired of wanting to die
- “The appetite of laborers works for them; their hunger drives them on “ – Proverbs 16:26
- 02:42 – Casper Mattresses use the code SleepYouLove to get $50 off any purchase and free shipping
- 04:00 – Last week’s 10 companies that don’t require a degree anymore
- 04:31 – Cliff wrote: Many places on all of this nation don’t require much education. They feel that your earning results from the learning you get from your life situation
- 04:48 – Dan mentions Jeremy Cowart on his photography work in Haiti
- 06:36 – Last week, Amy’s story having a 9-5 job and an Amazon business
- 09:20 – Jim Cockrum is one of the most outstanding gurus in the Amazon space
- 10:16 – Dan’s interview with Jim
- 10:58 – Jim’s unusual business model
- 11:15 – Jim wrote his book over and over
- 11:38 – He served his audience in a way they’re not being served
- 12:02 – Updating the book every 18 months
- 12:10 – Technology changes
- 12:23 – Jim’s branding on his book
- 12:50 – Magic: turn your readers into marketing staff
- 13:32 – Jim’s book: Silent Sales Machine
- 14:03 – Uber and AirBnb as examples for changing things the way it’s done
- 14:21 – Be consistent over a long stretch of time
- 15:50 – Jim is a student of legitimate long-term business ideas
- 16:08 – Selling physical products from Ebay to Amazon
- 17:22 – Selling physical products doesn’t mean having a garage full of stuff
- 17:34 – You can automate these systems
- 19:04 – About Jim’s Amazon course
- 20:45 – Link coming up to Jim’s course
- 21:00 – Check out all of Dan’s books!
- 23:04 – One of Jim’s children, Tray, No driver’s license yet but making money as a photographer
- 24:12 – He uses Uber instead of asking mom or dad to drive him
- 24:32 – Note from Rick for the business incubator for the ladies from the Tennessee prison
- 25:07 – He was involved in setting up the Dublin Entrepreneurial Center
- 25:58 – John says, should I put the $250 to take an insurance course on a credit card
- 28:26 – Message from Justin on lawn care business
- 31:58 – Dwain says, I need a complete career makeover
- 34:30 – Chris asks about election-year worry and anxiety
- 36:05 – To ask Dan a question for the podcast – AskDan
- 36:20 – Rebecca asks, How can I get my cousin help for herself?
- 39:35 – Roll asks about Dan stopped serving on the board for any non-profit
- 41:11 – Bernice was listening to the Zig Ziglar Podcast show that lead her to Dan
- 44:14 – Message from Pamela who is unemployed and is caring for her 80 year-old mother full time
- 47:28 – “To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- 48:35 – You’re not a victim, you can decide
- 48:55 – Dan closes today’s podcast
3 Key Points:
- Selling physical products online doesn’t mean you need to have them on-hand.
- Your earnings are not based on your age–it’s from the value you give.
- Take care of yourself and your welfare first before you take care of others.
- To ask Dan a question for the podcast – AskDan
- 48days.com/you – Free Personality Style Overview
- 48Days.com/Mondays – Dan’s 5-step process for dealing with change
- com/48Days– to claim your Free Trial Set and post shave balm. That’s HARRYS.COM/48days
- PAX Financial– Claim your FREE Ten Effective Strategies to Build a Money Legacy Within Your Grandchildren HERE
- FreshBooksis offering a 30 day, unrestricted free trial to my listeners. To claim it, just go to https://www.freshbooks.com/48days
- Go to com/sleepyouloveAND use promo code – SleepYouLove – to save $50 off your purchase of the most amazing mattress you’ve ever slept on
- https://www.48days.com/video – If you’re just getting started on the 48 Days process
- The Ultimate Advantage Cruise – February 2017
- 48 Days Coaching Mastery Program – for those wanting to build a high level business in coaching
- Personal Mission Statement – free form to create your own
- Raising Creative and Entrepreneurial Kids – the podcast where Joanne and Dan talk about ways kids can make money
- Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives
Share this Post