To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others
- No driver’s license yet but making money as a photographer.
- Does my age mean my opportunities are diminishing?
- Should I put the $250 it will cost to take an insurance course on a credit card?
- Dear Dan, I need a complete career makeover. how do I get started?
- How can I help my cousin help herself?
- I am tired of feeling sorry for myself, tired of wanting to die.
their hunger drives them on.” Proverbs 16:26
Episode – 11-04-16
In this episode, Dan shares notes and messages from listeners from last week’s podcast. He also takes time to talk about how you can upsell your game on Amazon through his interview of Jim Cockrum. Listen as they exchange talking points surrounding Jim’s unusual business model, and stress the fact you can outsource ALL of your processes, even the process for selling physical products.
Casper Mattresses – Use the code SleepYouLove to get $50 off any purchase and free shipping
Harrys.com – use 48Days as the code to get $5.00 off your purchase of Dan’s favorite razor
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:30 – Preview of Today’s Show on I need a complete career makeover
- No driver’s license yet but making money as a photographer
- Does my age mean that my opportunities are diminishing?
- $250 to take an insurance course on a credit card
- How can I help my cousin help herself?
- I’m tired of feeling sorry for myself, tired of wanting to die
- “The appetite of laborers works for them; their hunger drives them on “ – Proverbs 16:26
- 02:42 – Casper Mattresses use the code SleepYouLove to get $50 off any purchase and free shipping
- 04:00 – Last week’s 10 companies that don’t require a degree anymore
- 04:31 – Cliff wrote: Many places on all of this nation don’t require much education. They feel that your earning results from the learning you get from your life situation
- 04:48 – Dan mentions Jeremy Cowart on his photography work in Haiti
- 05:32 – Jeremy was requested to come at the United Nations
- 05:43 – Heads of countries pledged $10B to aid for Haiti
- 06:02 – Jeremy didn’t have a strategic plan, he just waited for the path to open
- 06:36 – Last week, Amy’s story having a 9-5 job and an Amazon business
- 07:18 – Amy wrote back and thanks Dan
- 08:00 – Amy’s Amazon business is growing
- 08:03 – She’s making arrangements to coach a client starting up
- 08:25 – Amy is excited beginning a new chapter
- 09:20 – Jim Cockrum is one of the most outstanding gurus in the Amazon space
- 10:16 – Dan’s interview with Jim
- 10:58 – Jim’s unusual business model
- 11:15 – Jim wrote his book over and over
- 11:38 – He served his audience in a way they’re not being served
- 12:02 – Updating the book every 18 months
- 12:10 – Technology changes
- 12:23 – Jim’s branding on his book
- 12:50 – Magic: turn your readers into marketing staff
- 13:32 – Jim’s book: Silent Sales Machine
- 14:03 – Uber and AirBnb as examples for changing things the way it’s done
- 14:21 – Be consistent over a long stretch of time
- 15:50 – Jim is a student of legitimate long-term business ideas
- 16:08 – Selling physical products from Ebay to Amazon
- 17:22 – Selling physical products doesn’t mean having a garage full of stuff
- 17:34 – You can automate these systems
- 19:04 – About Jim’s Amazon course
- 20:45 – Link coming up to Jim’s course
- 21:00 – Check out all of Dan’s books!
- 23:04 – One of Jim’s children, Tray, No driver’s license yet but making money as a photographer
- 24:12 – He uses Uber instead of asking mom or dad to drive him
- 24:32 – Note from Rick for the business incubator for the ladies from the Tennessee prison
- 25:07 – He was involved in setting up the Dublin Entrepreneurial Center
- 25:58 – John says, should I put the $250 to take an insurance course on a credit card
- 26:43 – Dan recommends NOT using the credit card
- 27:07 – It can put you in the wrong frame of mind
- 27:25 – Reward yourself with taking the course once you have the $250 in your pocket
- 27:50 – Get creative on the little things you can do
- 28:26 – Message from Justin on lawn care business
- 29:23 – Pre orders on business
- 30:32 – Not a good idea for lawn care
- 31:00 – There’s a lot of mistrust in the industry without the years of experience
- 31:22 – Dan recommends bootstrapping and letting the cash flow grow it
- 31:58 – Dwain says, I need a complete career makeover
- 32:39 – Your age doesn’t mean you deserve more than you’ve been making in the past
- 32:51 – Add valuable contributions to earn more
- 33:02 – Age isn’t a disadvantage
- 33:23 – I help ___ do/know/understand ___ so they can ___
- 34:30 – Chris asks about election-year worry and anxiety
- 35:15 – Stay clear on your center of your influence
- 35:37 – Your success is not dependent on who’s in the White House
- 36:05 – To ask Dan a question for the podcast – AskDan
- 36:20 – Rebecca asks, How can I get my cousin help for herself?
- 37:20 – If Rebecca’s cousin has clear skills, she’ll find something immediately
- 37:27 – But if she shows up hopeless, discouraged and needy, nobody would want her on their team
- 37:44 – Difference between feeling someone can make a contribution and just feeling sorry for them
- 39:35 – Roll asks about Dan stopped serving on the board for any non-profit
- 40:09 – Give your talent and time without direct compensation
- 40:21 – For profit and non-profit boards
- 41:11 – Bernice was listening to the Zig Ziglar Podcast show that lead her to Dan
- 42:29 – Works full time as a sales manager but feels hopeless
- 42:44 – “I lack the zest and enthusiasm to work”
- 43:42 – I’m tired of feeling sorry for myself, tired of wanting to die
- 43:53 – Dan just sent a copy of the newest version of the 48 Days To The Work You Love
- 44:14 – Message from Pamela who is unemployed and is caring for her 80 year-old mother full time
- 44:31 – Living only from her mother’s social security
- 44:49 – Former nurse and marine corps veteran
- 45:03 – Had to put studying on hold to take care of mom
- 45:42 – You probably see you had no choice
- 46:04 – What did being realistic caused you?
- 46:10 – You can’t serve from an empty cup
- 47:28 – “To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- 48:35 – You’re not a victim, you can decide
- 48:55 – Dan closes today’s podcast
3 Key Points:
- Selling physical products online doesn’t mean you need to have them on-hand.
- Your earnings are not based on your age–it’s from the value you give.
- Take care of yourself and your welfare first before you take care of others.
- To ask Dan a question for the podcast – AskDan
- 48days.com/you – Free Personality Style Overview
- 48Days.com/Mondays – Dan’s 5-step process for dealing with change
- com/48Days– to claim your Free Trial Set and post shave balm. That’s HARRYS.COM/48days
- PAX Financial– Claim your FREE Ten Effective Strategies to Build a Money Legacy Within Your Grandchildren HERE
- FreshBooksis offering a 30 day, unrestricted free trial to my listeners. To claim it, just go to https://www.freshbooks.com/48days
- Go to com/sleepyouloveAND use promo code – SleepYouLove – to save $50 off your purchase of the most amazing mattress you’ve ever slept on
- https://www.48days.com/video – If you’re just getting started on the 48 Days process
- The Ultimate Advantage Cruise – February 2017
- 48 Days Coaching Mastery Program – for those wanting to build a high level business in coaching
- Personal Mission Statement – free form to create your own
- Raising Creative and Entrepreneurial Kids – the podcast where Joanne and Dan talk about ways kids can make money
- Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives
Share this Post