Take this job …… and love it
- How do you monetize wanting to encourage people? How do you mix creativity and encouraging others?
- How can I be paid for my rhymes?
- Because I am happy, my situation is a little different from others who write to you with hopelessness and despair. I actually like my job.
- How can we use an acre of land to bring in some cash, other than the obvious option of growing fruit & vegetables.
“”Instead of wondering when your next vacation is, you ought to set up a life you don’t need to escape from.” — Seth Godin”
Episode – 09-09-16
In this week’s episode, Dan talks to the 48 Days community about how most people get frustrated—maybe even hate—their jobs from time to time. Dan even recalls when he resented his time coaching. He’ll field questions on everything from poetry to agriculture, and help some really stuck people see things just a little bit differently in order to obtain the success they so readily seek.
Casper Mattresses – Use the code SleepYouLove to get $50 off any purchase and free shipping
Harrys.com – use 48Days as the code to get $5.00 off your purchase of Dan’s favorite razor
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:30 – Preview of Today’s Show on how to Take this job…and love it!
- How do you monetize wanting to encourage people? How do you mix creativity and encouragement?
- How can I be paid for my rhymes?
- Because I’m happy, my situation is a little different from others who write to you with hopelessness and despair. I actually like my job.
- How can we use an acre of land to bring in some cash, other than the obvious option of growing fruit & vegetables?
- “Instead of wondering when your next vacation is, you ought to set up a life you don’t need to escape from.”
- 01:49 – Cliff and his rhymes
- 02:13 – “Telling all about his positive way, Dan gives a view of the start of his day. He says his power comes from his first hour. From there comes the spirit he’ll display.” – Cliff
- 02:30 – How can Cliff make money from his rhymes?
- 02:40 – Send your answers and responses to AskDan
- 03:08 – A note from a happy medical doctor
- 03:20 – Tom asks, How can we make money on one acre of extra land where it’s pretty dry?
- 03:50 – Send your answers and responses to AskDan
- 04:26 – Seth Godin’s new book –a compilation of all his blogs, articles and notes
- 05:48 – A novel idea for all the writers out there
- 06:04 – You’ve got to think creatively in today’s environment
- 08:25 – How to think more creatively?
- 12:15 – Today’s Show’s soundtracks
- 15:12 – Could there be as song that is more positive about work?
- 15:21 – The show’s theme song
- 16:17 – Mary Harrington’s story
- 16:54 – Learned how to make infographics
- 17:02 – Created an infographic for the 18 characteristics of successful entrepreneurs
- 17:34 – David Soto’s story
- 17:43 – For outdoor people there’s no better material than Merino Wool
- 17:55 – None of the popular companies are selling Tall T-Shirt sizes
- 18:19 – Kickstarter campaign to pool orders
- 19:58 – From Cliff – How to monetize my work?
- 21:29 – Send your answers and responses to AskDan
- 21:34 – From Chris
- 22:07 – Stepped up to writing
- 22:19 – Fears on publishing his story
- 22:24 – What was the biggest fear you had overcome to step up and submit your first book? How do you overcome that?
- 22:43 – Dan never saw himself as a writer when he was young
- 23:17 – Dan started writing articles to the Nashville Business Journal
- 24:27 – Readers wanted to see more of Dan’s writing
- 25:02 – Writing has been a very effective tool for Dan
- 26:26 – From Rebecca, How do you monetize wanting to encourage people? How do you mix creativity and encouraging others?
- 27:55 – Launching the 48 Days membership site
- 28:38 – Are you finding opportunities to coach?
- 29:08 – Most coaches have a natural affinity for coaching and encouraging
- 29:40 – Dan used to resent coaching, but he continued to coach for people needing direction
- 30:54 – The Home Depot story
- 31:48 – Three stories from a recent coaching call
- 35:18 – You have to be strategic
- 35:21 – 4 Part process: 40% developing trust, 30% identifying the need, 20% product presentation and 10% gaining commitment
- 36:34 – FREE 10 Tips for Getting Your First Coaching Client
- 36:56 – Dr. David’s story
- 37:44 – “Because I am happy, my situation is a little different from others who write to you with hopelessness and despair. I actually like my job.”
- 38:13 – “I want to work as a part time life health coach for people with diabetes.”
- 38:52 – Dan talks about his friend, Phil Carson
- 40:11 – Connect with Phil at email@example.com
- 40:43 – From West, What are your thoughts on Etsy?
- 41:17 – If you’re doing art, producing labor intensive products, you’re limited to a ceiling.
- 41:40 – Switching from linear to residual income
- 42:56 – From Todd
- 43:27 – “I need a new set of eyes to see what I’m not seeing.”
- 43:42 – Group of Millionaire Russians in America
- 44:42 – Make a list of 20 things you can do
- 44:56 – Tom says, How can we use an acre of land to bring in some cash, other than the obvious option of growing fruit & vegetables.
- Send your answers and responses to AskDan
- 45:41 – Coaching with Excellence – January 12-13, 2017
- 46:09 – The Ultimate Advantage Cruise– leaving from Ft. Lauderdale, FL Feb 12-19th, 2017
- 47:54 – Dan closes today’s podcast
3 Key Points:
- Writing is a truly effective tool, never lose sight of that.
- In everything you do in life, you need to be strategic.
- If you’re doing art, something creative, or any variety of labor intensive commodity, you’re always going to be limited by a natural ceiling.
- To ask Dan a question for the podcast – AskDan
- 48days.com/you – Free Personality Style Overview
- 48Days.com/Mondays – Dan’s 5-step process for dealing with change
- Harrys.com/48Days – for $5.00 off your first purchase of the world’s best shaving blades
- Go to com/sleepyoulove AND use promo code – sleepyoulove – to save $50 off your purchase of the most amazing mattress you’ve ever slept on
- https://www.48days.com/video – If you’re just getting started on the 48 Days process
- The Ultimate Advantage Cruise – February 2017
- 48 Days Coaching Mastery Program – for those wanting to build a high level business in coaching
- Personal Mission Statement – free form to create your own
- Raising Creative and Entrepreneurial Kids – the podcast where Joanne and Dan talk about ways kids can make money
- Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives
Share this Post