I deserve a raise now!
- Should I ask for a raise?
- Although some parts of my job are exciting I feel like it is sucking the life out of me and I come home stressed out.
- I’m working an office job and dread going to work stuck behind a computer all day.
- What are some semi lucrative jobs/businesses that don’t involve being behind a computer all day.
- I’m a high C – can I be successful in sales?
Episode – 06-17-16
In this episode, Dan answers a TON of questions from the 48 Days community, while focusing on today’s topic: “Thank God you’re different, and then find the benefits”. Dan helps listeners find the benefits in their own unique approach and personality, whether they want to get into sales or quit their job behind a computer. Listen in to learn when it’s appropriate to ask for a raise, how to find the right sales job for your personality type, and to hear about upcoming events and opportunities.
Casper Mattresses – Use the code SleepYouLove to get $50 off any purchase and free shipping
Harrys.com – use 48Days as the code to get $5.00 off your purchase of Dan’s favorite razor
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:06 – Preview of today’s topics and questions
- I deserve a raise
- Although some parts of my job are exciting I feel like it’s sucking the life out of me
- What are some semi lucrative jobs that don’t involve being behind a computer all day?
- I’m a high C – can I be successful in sales?
- 02:55 – Today’s Quote
- “Thank God you’re different and then find the benefits.” Andy Andrews
- 04:12 – Interested in a 48 Days internship?
- 04:30 – Find Joanne’s free printable on
Creating a Haven of PeaceEdit (06/06/2017) link no longer valid
- 05:50 – Want to submit your stories to Chicken Soup for the Soul?
- 10:20 – Upcoming events
- 13:40 – Question from Daniel: I’m at a point in my job where I think it would be appropriate to ask for a raise. Is it the right time to ask?
- I agree that since your responsibilities have trebled, it’s appropriate to have the conversation about a raise
- But since two people have been laid off and they aren’t filling those positions, it may be that your company can’t afford to raise your salary
- Have the conversation
- 16:13 – Question from Chad: Although some parts of my job are exciting I feel like it’s sucking the life out of me. I have passion and experience in various elements of life coaching and I’d love to combine those into a job. What do you advise?
- You can position yourself as a coach – but I’d advise narrowing in on one area. What makes you different? What’s your unfair advantage?
- Become the go-to guy for one area
- Don’t quit your day job. Stay in that work, and don’t quit until you’re making 50% of your current salary through coaching
- Put 10-12 hours a week for the next 6 months into starting a coaching business – then review your progress
- 21:41 – Question from Tony: What are some semi lucrative jobs that don’t involve being behind a computer all day
- The question is not “Are there jobs?” – the question is “What fits you?”
- Look inside first. What are your unique skills? What situations make you happy? When do you feel as though you come alive?
- Be prepared to have people ask “are you crazy?” …Well, success is the best revenge.
- 27:11 – Question from Sheryl: I’m a high C on the DISC profile – can I be successful in sales? I’m somewhat introverted but also friendly and approachable.
- Dan explains the four quadrants on the DISC profile
- C’s tend to be analytical, numbers-oriented, driven by details and information
- “I think that anybody can sell, and sell effectively, if you match the opportunity to what you know about yourself”
- Selling cars is different to selling an MRI machine
- S and C personality types might be intimidated by high-volume sales where you have to make a lot of contacts – but they may do very well selling high-value products
- Sales which is driven by research and study – such as print ads using split-tests – might be very appropriate for a high C
- If you sell insurance, IT, or medical products, your meticulous approach might be perfect for the people you deal with
- Upcoming conferences and appearances
- Podcast Movement – Chicago, IL July 6-8th
- Coaching With Excellence – August 25-26th
- The Ultimate Advantage Cruise – leaving from Ft. Lauderdale, FL Feb 12-19th, 2017
3 Key Points:
- Look inside yourself. Understanding YOUR skills and what makes YOU come alive are the first, crucial, steps to finding the work you love
- Everyone can sell – you only need to find the right product and sales model for your personality type
- Create your own future. The best way to have a purposeful future is to make it yourself
- Casper – Use code SleepYouLove to get $50 toward any purchase – and free shipping
- Dan’s Coaching Experience – The premiere coaching service offered by Dan
- Raising Entrepreneurial Kids – The latest from Dan on how he raised kids with a passion for entrepreneurship
- com/Mondays – Dan’s 5-step process for dealing with change
- https://www.48days.com/video – If you’re just getting started on the 48 Days process
- The Ultimate Advantage Cruise– February 2017
- 48 Days Coaching Mastery Program– for those wanting to build a high level business in coaching
- Personal Mission Statement– free form to create your own
- com/acres – become one of our 48Days Seminar Coordinators
- Casper Mattresses – Use the code SleepYouLove to get $50 off any purchase and free shipping
- Innovate – Sanctuary, Franklin, TN May 26-27th
- Coaching with Excellence– Sanctuary, Franklin, TN May 12-13th
- Launch Conference– Orlando, FL April 3-7th
- Social Media Marketing World– San Diego, CA April 17-19th
- New Media Europe– London, England June 18-19th
- Podcast Movement– Chicago, IL July 6-8th
- The Ultimate Advantage Cruise– leaving from Ft. Lauderdale, FL Feb 12-19th, 2017
- com– use 48Days as the code to get $5.00 off your purchase of Dan’s favorite razor
- Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives
Share this Post