Can you blend purpose and passion?
A listener wants to know if it’s possible to blend purpose and passion with making money. Not only is it possible – it’s essential. Without purpose and passion you will burn out. Making money alone is not enough compensation for investing your time and energy.
Episode #681 September 13, 2019
Hi, this is Dan Miller – and yes you’re listening to the 48 Days Radio show – where each week we take 48 minutes to dive into real life questions about finding your passion, deciding what kind of life you want to live – and then finding or creating work that allows you to show up every day, excited to be able to do something that is meaningful, fulfilling – and profitable. This is where normal, indecision and ambiguity come to die. Welcome to the 48 Days Radio Show.
1. Is it possible to make money and stay true to your purpose?
If there’s not a blend of passion, talent and money, people will burn out.
2. They saw promise where I perceived uncertainty. They saw opportunity where I perceived deception.
Yes you do have the time:
If you really don’t think you have 15 hours a week in your schedule, I recommend you do a quick time tracking of a typical week. We all start with 168 hours – if you’re working 40 hours a week, spending another 10 hours commuting, sleeping 8 hours a night, 4 hours in church work, and 4 hours a day just with family, you still have 30 hours of discretionary time. If you dedicate just half of that to your business you can indeed have a thriving, prosperous business.
3. I just need to let you know that I’ve used LinkedIn about 90% of the time in my career and it has been very efficient and effective.
4. I still don’t get it, though. “what I love to do and do best” is writing software. That’s not unique at all.
Share the things that make you unique — that make you stand out.
5. I’m in a rock band. How can we be more confident in our pricing and our worth?
“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’” – George Bernard Shaw
Submit your Questions to: askdan@48Days.com
Resource: Acres of Diamonds – 48days.com/acres
Your best opportunity may be right under your nose
How You Can Help The Show
If you find this podcast helpful, please Subscribe and Review it on iTunes. It’s a great way to support the show and only takes a few seconds.
Have a Question for Dan?
Send your Questions to askdan@48Days.com