Don’t give up
They say ignorance is bliss. And sometimes I hear from people who wish they had never had their eyes opened to bigger possibilities. Do you think it’s time to give up on your dreams? Or do they keep pulling you to new adventures and new levels of success? Check out this week’s quotation – yes, I think your dreams are “the blueprints of your ultimate achievements.”
Episode #679 August 30, 2019
Hi, this is Dan Miller – and yes you’re listening to the 48 Days Radio show – where each week we take 48 minutes to dive into real life questions about finding your passion, deciding what kind of life you want to live – and then finding or creating work that allows you to show up every day, excited to be able to do something that is meaningful, fulfilling – and profitable. This is where normal, indecision and ambiguity come to die. Welcome to the 48 Days Radio Show.
1. What do you do when circumstances, family situations, etc. keep you from the things you would really like to do?
The big question is what is it that you are doing overseas to provide hope and encouragement that is not needed in the United States.
Don’t think that your calling limits you geographically. I don’t think that’s true for any of us. Instead, get creative about how you can put legs on your vision and your calling right here.
2. This past week has left me feeling hopeless and I’m tired of waking up every morning in my house with my parents. I’m also losing my motivation and just want to settle and give up on my stupid dreams
My functional medicine doctor says there are two things that motivate us best: pain and feeling good.
If you want to be a writer, you can be a writer. It may be challenging, however, to find a JOB that pays you a regular income and salary to write.
Get the 2019 edition of the Writer’s Market (Deluxe Version) to find magazines, newspapers and publishers that are looking for content in particular areas.
3. How do I do a job search if the position has already been posted?
Highlight what you bring to the table — your unique talents and abilities.
Do creative things to get on the radar of the people who are making the decisions about that position.
Apply to other companies — broaden your job search — to uncover other opportunities.
4. “You just have to figure out what unique value you have to offer” – how do I do that? I just don’t understand.
Michael’s guide to selecting a product is part of the 48 Days Eagles Kickstart Guide to Starting an Online Business. Get it here.
The key is not in the magic of the product but in the system that he has mastered to create profits.
5. Will adding a different product or service to my business help or derail me?
While these are two unrelated businesses, it doesn’t mean you can’t do both.
It is often better if the two things you are doing fuel each other. Find out more about Dan’s Venn Diagram here.
6. How do I figure out what unique value I have to offer?
Here’s the exercise I recommend for finding your Zone of Genius. This is the place where you will be most productive, successful and happy.
1. Make a list of the 40-50 things you do.
2. Group that list into these 4 categories.
- Zone of Genius (what is it that you love to do and you do best)
- Zone of Excellence (things you have a great reputation for doing, but you’re not passionate about them or don’t enjoy doing them)
- Zone of Competence (your pretty good at these things, but there are people who can do them better)
- Zone of Incompetence (when you do these things, you experience failure, frustration, stress, but they need to be done)
3. Now, estimate the percentage of your time that is spent in each of those four areas.
4. Look at ways you can increase the percentage of time you spend in your Zone of Genius. For instance, I’m working to increase the time I spend in my Zone of Genius to 75% of my time. Set a goal. Establish action steps. Act.
A lot of people get trapped in their Zone of Excellence. Be comfortable affirming your Zone of Genius.
Quotation:“Cherish your visions and your dreams as they are the children of your soul, the blueprints of your ultimate achievements.” - Napoleon Hill (Think and Grow Rich)Click To Tweet
Get 4 helpful resources to help you find or create work you love at 48days.com/dream
Our only recommended resource for online selling – Jim Cockrum’s Proven Amazon Course
If you find this podcast helpful, please Subscribe and Review it on iTunes. It’s a great way to support the show and only takes a few seconds.
Have a Question for Dan?
Send your Questions to [email protected]