[smart_track_player url=”https://traffic.libsyn.com/workyoulove/48Days-2018-05-11.mp3″ image=”https://www.48days.com/images/48days-logo-sq.jpg” background=”blurred_logo” social_linkedin=”true” ]
In this episode I share some Good News stories that are incredibly inspiring. Check out the 4-year-old from Birmingham, Alabama who uses his allowance money to buy a bag full of sandwiches and sodas so he can hand them out to the homeless. In spite of what you hear on the TV news, there’s a whole lot of good news happening today. Create some of your own!
Episode #611 May 11, 2018
Hi, this is Dan Miller – and yes you’re listening to the 48 Days Radio show – where each week we take 48 minutes to dive into real life questions about finding your passion, deciding what kind of life you want to live – and then finding or creating work that allows you to show up every day, excited to be able to do something that is meaningful, fulfilling – and profitable. This is where normal, indecision and ambiguity come to die. Welcome to the 48 Days Radio Show.
1. I am proud to say I can live and work like no one else!
2. Am I crazy to consider moving back into the traditional employment model?
3. A can opener is completely useless in an apple orchard.
4. I firmly believe that I’m more valuable than I’m getting paid.
5. I work full-time still in the banking/mortgage industry but I feel a need to get going in ministry again.
6. I am working as a full-time professional mental health counselor. In the last 3 years, I’ve been sicker than ever, more stressed than ever, burnt out, depressed, and have lost energy and passion for the things I previously was highly motivated in devoting my time and energy toward — It has been a rat race to the bottom of emotional depletion.
“Work must provide the opportunity for spiritual and personal growth as well as financial success. The irony is that if it does not provide all three, there will be a natural pressure to keep the financial rewards low. The search for money alone will always be self-defeating.” Dan Miller
Call to Action:
[bctt tweet=”What work model fits you best? There is no right or wrong – just choose what makes the most sense for you.” username=”@48daysteam”]
Today’s show is brought to you by:
Casper – Get $50 toward select mattresses by visiting casper.com/sleepyoulove and using promo code sleepyoulove at checkout. Terms and conditions apply.
Freshbooks – To claim your month long unrestricted free trial with no credit card required, go to https://www.freshbooks.com/pages/48days and enter “48 Days” in the “How Did You Hear About Us?” section
Recommended Book: The 12 Week Year: Get More Done in 12 Weeks than Others Do in 12 Months, May 20, 2013 by Brian P. Moran and Michael Lennington
Get Free Copy of Kent Julian’s “9 Ways to Get Paid as a Speaker” pdf here: FirstPaidSpeech.com/48days.
Check out my daughter Ashley’s overview of being “location independent” here 48days.com/travel
Do you have what it takes to be a coach? https://www.48days.com/coaching-mastery/
Meet Dan and Joanne at:
• Igniting Souls Conference in Columbus, Ohio Oct. 26-28th, 2018
• Kent Julian’s Paid to Speak Conference in Atlanta on August 23-25th, 2018
• Podcast Movement in Philadelphia on July 24-26th, 2018
• Cliff Ravenscraft’s Free the Dream Conference in Franklin, TN on September 7-9th, 2018
Join 48 Days Eagles, an exploding community of achievers!
To submit a question comment or success story for the Podcast, send your note to [email protected]