A listener says he’s been fired twice in less than a year. He’s 40 years old and has 4 children but he doesn’t want to look for another J-O-B. He has some ideas for generating income. My advice in his situation – GET A J-O-B
Episode #625 August 31, 2018
Hi, this is Dan Miller – and yes you’re listening to the 48 Days Radio show – where each week we take 48 minutes to dive into real life questions about finding your passion, deciding what kind of life you want to live – and then finding or creating work that allows you to show up every day, excited to be able to do something that is meaningful, fulfilling – and profitable. This is where normal, indecision and ambiguity come to die. Welcome to the 48 Days Radio Show.
1. My wife is angry because our income is so low – but I don’t want to look for another job.
2. I just retired from the military and I’ve lost my sense of purpose.
3. I have lots of ideas and no focus. How can I settle into one idea?
4. I have a friend who’s worth $250 million dollars. He’s willing to invest in any idea I have. What should I do?
This Week’s Challenge: Try Something New
What new thing are you trying this week?
Freshbooks – To claim your month long unrestricted free trial with no credit card required, go to freshbooks.com/48days
and enter “48 Days” in the “How Did You Hear About Us?” section.
Gusto – Gusto is a software program for handling your payroll and benefits. Sign up today as a 48 Days listener and you’ll get 3 months free once you run your first payroll. Just go to Gusto.com/48DAYS
Good News and Info This Week:
• How facial recognition technology is exploding and the impact it is having on business.
• Casper Mattress is trying something new with a showroom and then online ordering system.
• A woman buys a teacher a car so she doesn’t have to take multiple busses to school.
• Someone is trying something new in a Kentucky School, giving each teacher $100 to help pay for school supplies.
• A young man knocks on doors in a wealthy community asking how to amass wealth and finds a mentor. He tried something new.
• A look at who the millionaires are in the world today:
75% are business owners
10% are senior executives
5% are sales people and consultants
less than 1% are authors, actors, athletes, artists, etc.
The best path to wealth is through starting a business.