Turning Dreams Into Reality.
A reader of my weekly newsletter challenged my thinking that there are new opportunities all around us. He wrote: “Just as Adam and Eve were tricked into believing they knew better, so you have been tricked into thinking that there was a better way than being content on the dairy farm.” In this episode I unpack why I’m still chasing dreams.
Episode #624 August 24, 2018
Hi, this is Dan Miller – and yes you’re listening to the 48 Days Radio show – where each week we take 48 minutes to dive into real life questions about finding your passion, deciding what kind of life you want to live – and then finding or creating work that allows you to show up every day, excited to be able to do something that is meaningful, fulfilling – and profitable. This is where normal, indecision and ambiguity come to die. Welcome to the 48 Days Radio Show.
1. Is now a time to be dreaming?
2. Don’t most dreams just get us in trouble?
3. What are we likely to regret when we’re on our deathbed?
4. What are the three elements for bringing a dream to life?
5. What are the 5 steps to making that happen?
“Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is like a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly.” – Langston Hughes
What dream do you have that you’ve not acted on? What would it take to give life to that dream this week?
Here are the steps we all go through in turning dreams into reality:
- Defining Our Purpose – knowing clearly what you want
- Imagination – how can this be done and how can I do it
- Desire – it has to be your own strong desire – not something you think you should do or something you think others expect you to do.
- Self-Discipline — without this, you will be deterred by the first obstacle
- Faith – this makes all the others work. Unless you believe it will happen, you will sabotage your progress.
Freshbooks – To claim your month long unrestricted free trial with no credit card required, go to FreshBooks.com/48days and enter ’48 Days” in the “How Did You Hear About Us?” section.
Gusto – Gusto is a software program for handling your payroll and benefits. Sign up today as a 48 Days listener and you’ll get 3 months free once you run your first payroll. Just go to Gusto.com/48DAYS
- Serving from a Full Cup
- Side Business Freedom
- How To Build a Business With Only 15 Hours Per Week
See the video of how the dead tree stump transformed into a beautiful Eagle.
Share this Post