Edward asks how he can share his happiness when everyone around seems so pessimistic and depressed. Dan unpacks how sometimes we need to just live out our happiness rather than forcing others to hear about it. Your enthusiasm will make some of them curious enough to ask. And in the meantime, find people who will cheer you on – those who may be even farther ahead than you.
Episode #625 August 18, 2018
Hi, this is Dan Miller – and yes you’re listening to the 48 Days Radio show – where each week we take 48 minutes to dive into real life questions about finding your passion, deciding what kind of life you want to live – and then finding or creating work that allows you to show up every day, excited to be able to do something that is meaningful, fulfilling – and profitable. This is where normal, indecision and ambiguity come to die. Welcome to the 48 Days Radio Show.
1. I am 66 1/2 and am thinking I am ready for retirement BUT I don’t want to retire yet as my youngest son is attending Texas A & M and has two years remaining in his field as geologist.
Are you too old to start over? Let’s look at the strong predictors of how long you’ll live.
2. I just was able to secure my amicable release from the company I was at for over 11 years.
3. How do I share my happiness without feeling guilty around all these sad people?
4. How would I create a resume, if I have not been employed for over 4 years?
5. How do you price a presentation?
This Week’s Challenge:
Choose to be happy this week – you’ll be surprised how your body, mind and spirit will reflect that as well.
Freshbooks – To claim your month long unrestricted free trial with no credit card required, go to freshbooks.com/48days and enter “48 Days” in the “How Did You Hear About Us?” section.
Gusto – Gusto is a software program for handling your payroll and benefits. Sign up today as a 48 Days listener and you’ll get 3 months free once you run your first payroll. Just go to Gusto.com/48DAYS
Do you have what it takes to be a coach? Take the quiz and find out.
Good News Notes:
• A guy who saved some ancient books from a dumpster and later found they were from the library of Thomas Jefferson.
• Leonardo Davinci’s to- do list from 1940. Dan’s upcoming conference: How To Think Like Leonardo Davinci
• 63-year-old surgeon who joined the navy.
• A homeless guy who was creative and held a sign that said “I’m Hungry for Success.” and got hundreds of job offers.
• Jen Lim, a former Zappos employee, who has created a company that delivers happiness. Plus a look at Zappos and how they achieve such amazing customer service.
To submit a question comment or success story for the Podcast, send your note to askdan@48Days.com
Share this Post