Why Aren’t You Acting On Your Dreams?
Why do people get stuck – or trapped in staying in a job or business they clearly dislike? There are typically three reasons people never act on their dreams to achieve the financial independence they desire. Are you letting great ideas pass by because something is holding you back? Don’t get stuck wearing a red shirt.
Episode #827 April 22, 2022
Hi this is Dan Miller – and yes you’re listening to the 48 Days Radio show – where each week we take 48 minutes to dive into real life questions about finding your passion, deciding what kind of life you want to live – and then finding or creating work that allows you to show up every day, excited to be able to do something that is meaningful, fulfilling – and profitable. This is where normal, indecision and ambiguity come to die. Welcome to the 48 Days Radio Show.
Thank you for being a listener of this podcast. I love hearing from you and being allowed to think through the questions we all have about finding or creating work that matters, for people who care.
Are you a candidate to be a “New Collar Worker?”
I just went through a painful divorce. Is this a good time to start my own business?
The last couple months I’ve been surprised at how many people have expressed what seems to be paralyzing fear at pursuing their dreams. Why do you think that is?
There are three reasons you may not be acting on your dreams:
1. The first reason is fear of failure. There is nothing more crippling than the fear of failure.
More about Fear:
- Fear Is the Cheapest Room in the House
- I Was Trapped In Fear Until I Stepped Off the Edge
- What’s the Difference Between Fear and Courage
2. The second reason is lack of knowledge. But you can learn what you need to know. A lack of knowledge should never prevent you from pursuing a better life.
3. The third reason people don’t act on their dreams is a perceived lack of money. But money is never really what’s holding people back. Money is extremely available right now. Our own Eagles Innovation Group is looking to invest in companies. People are attracted to big ideas.
More about Giving Up:
What are some podcasts that you enjoy listening to?
I opened my phone and here are the 25 podcasts I subscribe to and listen to regularly:
It’s a Good Life – Brian Buffini
Community Creators – Shana Lynn
The Game – Alex Hormozi
The Business of Living – Michael McGreevy
EntrePastors – Jon Sanders and Les Hughes
Crazy Money – Paul Ollinger
The Shane Sams Show – Shane Sams
The Jordan Harbinger Show
A Bit of Optimism – Simon Sinek
The Podcast Talent Coach – Erik Johnson
Smart Passive Income – Pat Flynn
Read to Lead – Jeff Brown
EntreLeadership – Dave Ramsey
Retirement Answer Man – Roger Whitney
The Tim Ferriss Show
The Brendon Show – Brendon Burchard
The Zig Ziglar Show – Kevin Miller
Entrepreneurs On Fire – John Lee Dumas
Business Made Simple – Donald Miller
The Ray Edwards Show – Ray Edwards
Total Life Freedom – Vincent Pugliese
Akimbo – Seth Godin
Mama Says Namaste – Ashley Logsdon
On Being – Krista Tippett
Exponential Wisdom – Peter Diamandis and Dan Sullivan
“If a man harbors any sort of fear, it percolates through all his thinking, damages his personality, makes him a landlord to a ghost.” ~ Lloyd C. Douglas
8 Questions To Ask Yourself to Mine Your Own Acres of Diamonds and Unearth the Opportunities that Exist In Your Life – 48days.com/questions
Summary: Three reasons people never act on their dreams:
1. The first reason is fear of failure.
2. The second reason is lack of knowledge.
3. The third reason people don’t act on their dreams is a perceived lack of money.
How You Can Help The Show
If you find this podcast helpful, please Subscribe and Review it on iTunes. It’s a great way to support the show and only takes a few seconds.
Have a Question for Dan?
Submit your questions at www.48days.com/askdan
If I use your question we’ll send you an autographed copy of 48 Days to the Work and Life You Love