Picture this scenario. A businessman who is liked and trusted by his neighbors has been given coffee samples from 50 local farmers. The next morning he loads up the samples in his cart behind his faithful donkey. He dangles a carrot in front of the donkey’s nose. The businessman is already thinking about all the orders he’s going to get from these delectable samples. The donkey has no idea where they’re going or why – he doesn’t even like coffee; he’s simply following the carrot just in front of his nose. At the end of the day, the donkey gets the carrot and looks forward to another task tomorrow, with another carrot as the reward. The businessman has orders for 1,000 bags of coffee and tomorrow will coordinate the delivery of those bags over the next month, generating more income than most people make in a year.
If you’re working 8 -5 you know your role in this little story. Lots of you have been telling us you want to be the guy in the cart – not the donkey.Poor people trade their time for money – or carrots. The problem with this is that our time is limited; there is always a ceiling in your possible income. Click To Tweet
If you’re in the coffee business and you get an order for 1,000 bags, you call your suppliers, deliver that quantity and count your profits. Buf if you’re working by the hour and your boss says he has an opportunity for you to work an extra 1,000 hours, what can you do? If you’re being paid $20/hr that’s a cool $20,000 – but you can’t deliver. Even at 10 extra hours a week, it’d take you 2 years to cash in. How frustrating is that?
Members in the 48 Days Eagles community are launching new ideas every day – to “sell their coffee.”
Here’s just a sample of what we’ve seen in the last two weeks.
- Nicole Robinson sent her book manuscript to her editor.
- Gail Sasao, also part of Coaching Mastery is rockin it, finalizing her coaching materials, creating her website and getting ready to start coaching next month!
- Valerie Pugsley is now certified in Jim Cockrum and Brett Bartlett’s Proven Audience Formula.
- Roger Whitney officially passed 1 million downloads for his podcast. More here.
- Nadene Volkoff kicked off her 5-Day No Snooze Challenge – check it out here.
- Theresa Lode was just accepted into a podcast fellowship with one of Seth Godin’s associates.
- Matt Woodrum and Terry Burgess opened up their Proverbs 29:18 Wellness Mastermind Group.
- Heather Deel Bonham published her ebook – Study Skills Survival Guide.
- Michael Deutsch launched his new website for his coaching business. Check it
- William Parker is celebrating having several new designs live on his Amazon
- Alan Jackson shared a success story from one of his side projects. Check it out.
- Stephanie O’Brien-Martin celebrated the launch of her first book, The Messy
Every Monday I lead a Monday Mentor call from 2:00 – 3:00 PM Central. Those are recorded video calls open to all 48 Days Eagles members – live or to watch the replays. This coming Monday, we’ll be talking with Eagles member and owner of Like Minded Travel, Chris Niemeyer about the opportunities for travel once you are a merchant. Join this vibrant community before Monday to be a part of this call and to hear about the exciting event we’ll be announcing.