I talk about the three things we need to have meaningful work: Autonomy, Mastery and Purpose. If one or more of those are missing, start moving toward a better fit.
Episode #614 June 01, 2018
Hi, this is Dan Miller – and yes you’re listening to the 48 Days Radio show – where each week we take 48 minutes to dive into real life questions about finding your passion, deciding what kind of life you want to live – and then finding or creating work that allows you to show up every day, excited to be able to do something that is meaningful, fulfilling – and profitable. This is where normal, indecision and ambiguity come to die. Welcome to the 48 Days Radio Show.
1. Dan I am a 47 year old full time Firefighter who seems to be constantly seeking a new direction and clarity in the workplace without attaining it . I find it very frustrating in not being able to make decisive decisions . How do i break through this barrier ?
2. A caffeine coach? Can one actually make money doing that?
3. I’m trying to phase out of my job over the next 1-2 years while I pay off some debt. I want to use the next 1-2 years to market and build relationships with potential clients for my business. Should I tell my employer what I’m trying to do
4. How do I best help my husband increase his confidence?
5. What are some steps to take if your closest family members and friends are somewhat negative, glass half empty, kind of people?
Call to Action:
What could you do today to encourage someone who is discouraged?
Need a simple beginning website? Go to weebly.com/48days and you’ll get 15% off when you sign up for your online store.
“Today’s show is brought to you by Casper. Get $50 toward select mattresses by visiting casper.com/sleepyoulove and using promo code sleepyoulove at checkout. Terms and conditions apply.”
Freshbooks – To claim your month long unrestricted free trial with no credit card required, go to https://www.freshbooks.com/pages/48days and enter ’48 Days” in the “How Did You Hear About Us?” section
Recommended Book: From Drive – Daniel Pink Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us
I talk about these three things we need for work to work:
- Autonomy – the opportunity to direct our own lives
- Mastery – the opportunity to get better and better at something that matters
- Purpose – the opportunity to be involved in something larger than ourselves
Get Free Copy of Kent Julian’s “9 Ways to Get Paid as a Speaker” pdf here: FirstPaidSpeech.com/48days
Want to know how to start making money – even if you don’t have any products of your own? Check this out.
Meet Dan and Joanne at:
- Igniting Souls Conference in Columbus, Ohio Oct. 26-28th, 2018
- Kent Julian’s Paid to Speak Conference in Atlanta on August 23-25th, 2018
- Podcast Movement in Philadelphia on July 24-26th, 2018
- Cliff Ravenscraft’s Free the Dream Conference in Franklin, TN on September 7-9th, 2018
48 Days Eagles — join this exploding community of achievers!
To submit a question comment or success story for the Podcast, send your note to firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this Post