Episode #597 February 02, 2018
Are you approaching this second month of the year feeling stuck, lost and depressed — in your own Groundhog Day? Take a few small steps this week. Start by listing three things you’re passionate about and then looking at ways you can bring those to life this week.
Hi this is Dan Miller – and yes you’re listening to the 48 Days Radio show – where each week we take 48 minutes to dive into real life questions about finding your passion, deciding what kind of life you want to live – and then finding or creating work that allows you to show up every day, excited to be able to do something that is meaningful, fulfilling – and profitable. This is where normal, indecision and ambiguity come to die. Welcome to the 48 Days Radio Show.
1. I’ve lost my passion for my industry. What should I do?
2. Is it okay to go through 48 Days in fewer than 48 Days?
3. How can I make plans for the future if I’m depressed?
4. How can I make more money blogging about a topic that bores me?
5. Can I share my love of carpentry with a course called “10 Easy Tips to be a more efficient Framer”?
Plus Good News!
Our business partners this week are:
Freshbooks – To claim your month long unrestricted free trial with no credit card required, go to https://www.freshbooks.com/pages/48days and enter ’48 Days” in the “How Did You Hear About Us?” section.
HealthIQ – an insurance company that helps health conscious people like runners, cyclist, weightlifters and vegetarians get lower rates on their life insurance. Go to healthiq.com/48Days to support the show and see if you qualify.
- The 48 Days Eagles Community is for 4 types of people:
– Those looking for a fresh start
– Those looking to move up or get a promotion
– People who have an idea or a side biz
– People who are looking to grow their business
Check out 48 Days Eagles at https://www.48dayseagles.com
- The impact of negative news on our well being and what to do to remedy it.
- If you’ve lost your passion, don’t throw away your education and skills. But instead look for an industry or company whose mission excites you. I often worth with dentists, doctors and pastors who want to throw in the towel. Instead, we look for ways to validate their education and experience and look for a subtle change in the application.
- Martin Luther King Jr. quote:“If a man is called to be a street sweeper. He should sweep streets even as a Michelangelo painted , or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all hosts of heaven and earth pause to say; Here lives a great sweeper who did his job well “.”
- If you’re finding that you’re depressed, go ahead and make plans for the future. It will help you focus on what you’re move to instead of what you’re moving from.
- If you’re bored with your blog topic or the work you’re doing, it’s going to be really hard to be successful doing it.
- Examples of online courses and affiliate marketing and some of the tools needed to make it work.
- When putting together your resume, be careful about telling so much about yourself in it that they don’t feel like they need to meet you. Instead, we their appetite. See Chapter 7, page 117, Show Me Your Promo Materials of 48 Days To the Work You Love.
Action Step for this week:
List 3 things you’re passionate about. Now describe one thing you can do this week to bring that to life!
Calls to Action:
Get your Goal Planning Guide now
Meet Dan at Social Media Marketing World 2018 – Click here to choose your ticket
48 Days Eagles – a growing community of achievers
48 Days To the Work You Love — to build your resume and plan your job search
To submit a question comment or success story for the Podcast, send your note to askdan@48Days.com
Share this Post