[smart_track_player url=”https://traffic.libsyn.com/workyoulove/48Days-2018-02-09.mp3″ image=”https://www.48days.com/images/48days-logo-sq.jpg” background=”blurred_logo” social_linkedin=”true” ]
Episode #598 February 09, 2018 –
Everything in life is about perspective — how you look at it. We must be creative in our thinking as we explore what we do for ministry. When you have work that blends your passions and your talents, that is your ministry.
Hi this is Dan Miller – and yes you’re listening to the 48 Days Radio show – where each week we take 48 minutes to dive into real life questions about finding your passion, deciding what kind of life you want to live – and then finding or creating work that allows you to show up every day, excited to be able to do something that is meaningful, fulfilling – and profitable. This is where normal, indecision and ambiguity come to die. Welcome to the 48 Days Radio Show.
Our business partners today are Freshbooks and Casper Mattress
To claim your month long unrestricted free trial with no credit card required, go to FreshBooks.com/48days and enter “48 Days” in the “How Did You Hear About Us?” section.
1. I think you’re being too hard on Jeremy
2. Can we really change our perspective on how we see the world?
3. Could you explain your belief that missionaries should not seek financial support for their ministry work and instead try to provide for themselves while they do ministry ?
4. I’m a veterinarian – can I write a “pet” parenting book?
“Pay any price to stay in the presence of extraordinary people.” Mike Murdock — Tweet This
• Italian island town selling homes for $1.25 – check it out https://casea1euro.it/
• Kid therapist offering help – $2.00 for 5 minutes of therapy
• Heidi thinks I’ve been too harsh with Jeremy – the guy who says he’s lazy. She suggest Gretchin Rubin’s quiz for knowing how much structure we need.
• The Worst Day Ever – this is the poem written by 17-yr old Chanie Gorkin. Read it through and it sounds like a whiny complainer. Now read it from bottom to top. We can choose our perspective.
Worst Day Ever?
Today was the absolute worst day ever
And don’t try to convince me that
There’s something good in every day
Because, when you take a closer look,
The world is a pretty evil place.
Some goodness does shine through once in a while
Satisfaction and happiness don’t last.
And it’s not true that
It’s all in the mind and heart
True happiness can be attained
Only if one’s surroundings are good
It’s not true that good exists
I’m sure that you can agree that
It’s all beyond my control
And you’ll never in a million years hear me say
Today was a very good day
• Melissa is looking to connect with the many writers in the 48 Days Eagles Community. I mentioned just a few. The 48 Days Eagles Community is rich with resources and connections as an explosion of writers have entered, which helps everyone’s writing move up.
James Woosley – FreeAgentPress
Jennifer Harshman – Harshman Services
Erin Casey – My Writer’s Connection
William Parker – Softpress Publishing
Kary Oberbrunner – Author Academy Elite
Karen Anderson – acquisition editor
David Hancock – CEO of Morgan James Publishing
Jim and Chris Howard – Literary Scouts
Nick Pavlidis – ghost writer
• Matt asks – “Could you explain your belief that missionaries should not seek financial support for their ministry work and instead try to provide for themselves while they do ministry?”
I think we all need to rethink the question, What is ministry work? I believe when you have work that blends your passions and your talents, that is your ministry.
Action Step for this week:
List 3 things you’re doing that are “ministry” to others.
Now describe one thing you can do this week to expand on that.
Get your Goal Planning Guide now
Meet Dan at Social Media Marketing World 2018 – Click here to choose your ticket
48 Days Eagles.com – Join this exploding community of achievers!
To submit a question, comment or success story for the Podcast, send your note to [email protected]