Episode #599 February 16, 2018 –
What will it take for you to be able to say that your soul accompanies you to work each day? I get so many messages from people who say “I hate my job.” Let’s explore solutions and focus on finding work that fits your skills and abilities; personality traits and values, dreams and passions. Always remember that you’re in the driver’s seat.
Hi this is Dan Miller – and yes you’re listening to the 48 Days Radio show – where each week we take 48 minutes to dive into real life questions about finding your passion, deciding what kind of life you want to live – and then finding or creating work that allows you to show up every day, excited to be able to do something that is meaningful, fulfilling – and profitable. This is where normal, indecision and ambiguity come to die. Welcome to the 48 Days Radio Show.
“The 48 Days to the work you love podcast” is sponsored by Health IQ, an insurance company that helps health conscious people like runners, cyclist, weightlifters and vegetarians get lower rates on their life insurance. Go to healthiq.com/48Days to support see if you qualify.
Freshbooks – To claim your month long unrestricted free trial with no credit card required, go to https://www.freshbooks.com/pages/48days and enter ’48 Days” in the “How Did You Hear About Us?” section.
1. and now my soul accompanies me to my work
Is it possible for your soul to accompany you to work each day? Dan shares a success story from a barber who is doing ministry through his work and loving it. What will it take for you to feel this way about your work?
2. My husband is itching to do his own thing but we have small children.
3. Are all employees today treated like garbage? How can I find a job that doesn’t make me feel dirty?
Dan shares the story of the farmer and the travelers and reminds us that we tend to find what we expect
4. I knew it was time for a change when I couldn’t handle the envy, gossip, fights and no respect for the employees in my work place.
5. I am a math teacher in northern Indiana and am facing a $5000 pay cut, which my family just can’t afford.
The best place to start when facing a career change or decision is to identify these three things (an excerpt from 48 Days to the Work You Love):
- Your skills and abilities
- Personality Traits (take the DISC Profile)
- Values, Dreams and Passions
Then take a look at your resume and how it’s positioned to lead you into something that’s a fit for those.
Call To Action
- List 3 things you dislike about your current job.
- List 3 things you can do to correct those things. Don’t just learn to live with it. You’re in the driver’s seat.
Get your Goal Planning Guide now
Meet Dan at Social Media Marketing World 2018 – Click here to choose your ticket
48DaysEagles.com — an exploding community of achievers — apply now!
Discover your personality traits through the DISC Profile, including motivational characteristics, your value to a group, and personal growth areas, how you relate to others at work, your strengths in leadership, a starting point for career ideas on where your personality style thrives and more.
To submit a question comment or success story for the Podcast, send your note to askdan@48Days.com
If you like what you hear, be sure to rate and review the 48 Days Radio Show on iTunes.
Share this Post