[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/workyoulove/48Days-2018-11-09.mp3″ social_gplus=”false” social_linkedin=”true” social_email=”true” ]
How To Improve Your Interview Skills
A listener has been doing interviews, but with no job offers. He’s smart enough to recognize the problem is with him – not the job market. How can he become a desired candidate instead of one more frustrated job seeker?
Episode #635 November 09, 2018
Hi, this is Dan Miller – and yes you’re listening to the 48 Days Radio show – where each week we take 48 minutes to dive into real life questions about finding your passion, deciding what kind of life you want to live – and then finding or creating work that allows you to show up every day, excited to be able to do something that is meaningful, fulfilling – and profitable. This is where normal, indecision and ambiguity come to die. Welcome to the 48 Days Radio Show.
1. I just finished up my goals for 2019. How flexible are your goals? Do you ever change goals mid-year based on how your year is going?
2. I have bad job interview skills. My resume seems to be working because I do get interviews, but I always get the “we regret to inform you” emails afterword. How can I improve my interview skills?
3. I think I’m too nice to be in business. Can I be too honest and is it detrimental to my long term growth?
4. I don’t love my job but am staying with this because my husband is pursuing a career in freelance art so we need my income to pay the bills.
[bctt tweet=”Success is the progressive realization of a worthy goal or ideal. – Earl Nightingale” username=”@48daysteam”]
Your Challenge This Week:
Are your goals for 2019 big enough?
Set Your Goals for 2019 – click here to get Dan’s free workbook and set your goals before November 14th!
Books to help you improve your interview skills:
- Why People Don’t Believe You: Building Credibility From the Inside Out, by Rob Jolles
- Captivate: The Science of Succeeding With People, by Vanessa Van Edwards
- How To Win Friends and Influence People, by Dale Carnegie
Casper – Get $50 toward select mattresses by visiting Casper.com/sleepyoulove and using sleepyoulove at checkout. Terms and conditions apply