- I am so ready to go, and every day I want so badly to be making a difference in the world, I just don’t know what the next step is.
- My wife and I are looking for some coaching help.
- My wife and I were burned some 20 years ago and are still trying to regain the confidence needed to get back in the game.
- I want to find a career that I will be happy that makes a specific salary. I know that I would like to NOT be in sales.
- Good News
- More questions
Cliff Feightner poem:
When you are looking at your career
Is it something you dread and you fear
Is it just a sad truth
Looking back at your youth
And where it’s brought you gives you a tear
Episode – 10-20-17
In this episode of the 48 Days Podcast, Dan centers the conversation around the difference between activity and accomplishment, and explains why it’s very dangerous to confuse the two. He also takes a number of questions from the 48 Days community, and works tirelessly to help one young woman understand the soul and the value of selling. If you’ve ever doubted the maxim selling is service then this is one episode you won’t want to miss.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:32 – Preview of Today’s Show: Don’t confuse activity with accomplishment
- This is not just about work, business, and making money—it’s also about living life
- I’m so ready to go but I don’t know what the next step is
- My wife and I are looking for some coaching help
- I want to find a career that makes me happy, makes a specific salary, and is NOT sales
- My wife and I were burned 20 years ago and are still having a hard time getting over it
- “Selling is serving.”
- 04:30 – Target boost wages to attract workers
- Up to $11 per hour
- Minimum wage is an artificial measurement of anything
- Increasing wages doesn’t mean everyone has an easier life, it means prices go up
- 06:08 – Walmart has also raised its wages
- Will not offer part-time work this holiday season, but will offer FT workers more hours
- 06:40 – After finding heart-wrenching note in mailbox, neighbor saves older woman from loneliness
- Would you consider being my friend?
- A little action can lead to life changing relationships
- There are a lot of people that are divorced or widowed that really are alone
- 08:50 – Groom jumps in water to save a little boy
- 12:47 – From Rick – I wanted to reach out to you and thank you for your wisdom every week…I have a new passion for audio editing and am considering using it as a means to supplement my income…do you think this is a good idea?
- By your own admission, the audio work you’re doing isn’t an income generator right now
- But that doesn’t mean there aren’t ancillary opportunities
- Cliff Ravenscraft is a man who knows how to take advantage of ancillary opportunities
- Cliff has managed to crank out $350k annually from his ancillary opportunities
- Most podcasters don’t have expensive production costs
- Look broader than just audio editing
- Broaden your horizons
- 17:08 – From Justin – I wrote you a while back about finding my passion, which I eventually realized was right in front of me. What I was really lacking was direction…I’ve always been a creator, and I think content creation is what I need to do…but I can’t figure out why I keep hitting a roadblock. Can you help me figure out what the next step is?
- It’s great that you want to create content and help people but there has to be an end game
- You have to give people an opportunity to give you money
- There’s no shame in being profitable
- Profitability means you get to continue inspiring others
- Have courses, tip sheets, book recommendations…don’t confuse activity with accomplishment
- Your passion and purpose are already defined, but now you need to put legs on it
- 22:20 – From Danny – My wife and I were looking for some coaching help…can you provide some advice on how to select a coach?
- Go to 48days.com/coaching
- Complete the form and see if coaching is a good idea for you and your wife
- When I (Dan) want to be successful, I always look for a coach in that field
- 26:15 – Commercial Break
- [spp-timestamp time=”27:02″] – firstname.lastname@example.org
- 27:15 – Ultimate Skeptic – My wife and I were burned 20 years ago and are still trying to find the confidence we need to get back in the game…
- Amazon merch
- Go to provenamazoncourse.com/48days
- This is the course Dan highly recommends
- What have you been doing for 20 years?!
- Get back in the game!—Life is passing you by
- We’ve all been burned, it happens to everyone. But the only way to get out is to start climbing.
- Dan was once $430k in debt
- You have to look at the man in the mirror and say, “you got yourself burned, and now you need to get yourself out.”
- By sitting on the sidelines you’re missing opportunities to bring joy and prosperity into your life
- One of the things we see in people who end up extremely wealthy?
- Continuous learning
- Clear goals
- A tolerance for risk
- 35:40 – From Angie – Dan I took your entrepreneurial quiz (Do You Have What It Takes To Be An Entrepreneur?) but I only scored 60 points! My lowest scores were “dealing with change” and “self-discipline”…how do I improve my scores?
- Change might be difficult for you so start experimenting
- Order something strange at a restaurant
- Drive home a different way from work
- Look for ways you can grow and stretch yourself
- Give yourself some tasks or deadlines to help you counteract your troubles with self-discipline
- Set simple goals
- 38:58 – This is a reminder for the 48 Days Eagles
- We are going to continue to do some special things in this community
- If you’re a member and you refer a new member, you get a 48Days Eagles T-shirt from Amazon Merch
- Go to 48daysEagles.com
- 41:37 – From Lauren – I just finished 48Days to the Work You Love, AND the workbook and I’m still not any clearer on what direction I’m heading…help! Basically, I want to find a career that I’ll be happy with in the Oklahoma City area with a specific salary, and I do NOT want to be in sales.
- No business that’s worth its salt is going to be interested in hiring you if you’re not willing to SELL
- Selling is serving
- And selling is the lifeblood of business
- If you’re not selling, you’re dead weight
- For you to get a job you are selling—the product is YOU, there’s no other way to frame that
- Every day you walk in the door, you need to be selling
- 47:30 – Sell. Hold your head high. Selling is the best way to serve other people well. No matter what it is you do, if you’re serving people well, you’re selling them something.
- Change might be difficult for you so start experimenting
- Amazon merch
3 Key Points:
- Selling is the best way to serve others. Period.
- We all get burned. All of us. No one is immune from it. So, when you get burned, pick yourself up, get back in the saddle, and start creating wealth for yourself again.
- More often than not, the fortune isn’t in the primary opportunity, but the ancillary opportunity.
- To ask Dan a question for the podcast – AskDan
- Amazon Merch course, the only Amazon course Dan recommends: provenamazoncourse.com/48days
- Take a look inside the 48 Days Eagles Community: 48daysEagles.com — join and get a free t-shirt this month
- Looking for a coach? 48days.com/coaching
- Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives
Share this Post