A listener is frustrated because the company he works for requires a “degree” even if they know you are competent for an advanced position. In this episode we look at options for moving up anyway and explore the value of talent vs. education.
Episode #628 September 21, 2018
Hi, this is Dan Miller – and yes you’re listening to the 48 Days Radio show – where each week we take 48 minutes to dive into real life questions about finding your passion, deciding what kind of life you want to live – and then finding or creating work that allows you to show up every day, excited to be able to do something that is meaningful, fulfilling – and profitable. This is where normal, indecision and ambiguity come to die. Welcome to the 48 Days Radio Show.
1. I have the “education” but not the piece of paper and their hands are tied unless I get the piece of paper.
2. 4 months ago I accepted a new job. However, I regret taking this new position due to the work environment and culture
3. I am looking at reaching out to the 30-40 target companies that you suggest in the 48 Days process, but, I have difficulty in trying to ascertain how I’d present myself.
4. You mentioned when you were in debt that at the very least you would have gone into sales because there is no cap on the amount of money you can make. If I were to get into sales, where would you recommend I start?
5. You often talk about how important it is to overdeliver on anything offered or promised.
Your Challenge This Week:
What has been the most important part of your “education”?
The 10 Fastest Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs https://gradlime.com/fast-online-bachelors-degree/
Free course at Yale on being Happy – https://www.coursera.org/learn/the-science-of-well-being
Gusto – Gusto is a software program for handling your payroll and benefits. Sign up today as a 48 Days listener and you’ll get 3 months free once you run your first payroll. Just go to Gusto.com/48DAYS
Blog Post: Does Education Expand Or Limit Your Options?
Blog Post: Great Selling Techniques
Find out more about the 48 Days Acres of Diamonds Cruise: https://www.48days.com/cruise