Recently a 36 yr old MBA in an executive position in an exciting industry shared this concern in her coaching profile: “I have a vague sense that my life is too small.” In today’s podcast we unpack how to embrace living large in your life.
Episode #605 March 30, 2018
Hi, this is Dan Miller – and yes you’re listening to the 48 Days Radio show – where each week we take 48 minutes to dive into real life questions about finding your passion, deciding what kind of life you want to live – and then finding or creating work that allows you to show up every day, excited to be able to do something that is meaningful, fulfilling – and profitable. This is where normal, indecision and ambiguity come to die. Welcome to the 48 Days Radio Show.
I have a vague sense that my life is too small.
Can you identify from the first three months of this year:
- 4-5 ideas you had for a better job or starting your own business?
- 3 things that you did just to help someone out with no expectation of payback?
- The books you read or listened to that enlightened your spirit, confidence, knowledge and wisdom?
- How many hours you have spent in quiet contemplation?
- The 2 or 3 things you did that you had never done before?
- Concerts, art shows, seminars, workshops or other enriching experiences you attended?
- 2 or 3 specific things you did to strengthen the relationships that mean the most to you?
If you have no responses to these seven questions, chances are strong that you are living your life too small.
Tips and take-aways from my interview with Steve Sims, author of Bluefishing
- No one cares about your IQ. Focus on your I Can
- No-one ever drowned from falling in the water. They drowned if they stay there.
- Replace “but” with “and” – you’ll be amazed at the new possibilities
Meet Dan and Joanne at Igniting Souls Conference in Columbus, Ohio Oct. 26-28th, 2018
To submit a question comment or success story for the Podcast, send your note to askdan@48Days.com
Share this Post