How To Find Your True Focus
It’s healthy to know you’re off track – at any point in your life. But then you can look inward and find your true focus. 85% of the process of having the confidence of proper direction in your career and life – comes from looking inward first.
Episode #818 February 18, 2022
Hi this is Dan Miller – and yes you’re listening to the 48 Days Radio show – where each week we take 48 minutes to dive into real life questions about finding your passion, deciding what kind of life you want to live – and then finding or creating work that allows you to show up every day, excited to be able to do something that is meaningful, fulfilling – and profitable. This is where normal, indecision and ambiguity come to die. Welcome to the 48 Days Radio Show.
How do I quit living this fake life and start living a real one?
Most of us work for more reasons than just making money. What are your reasons?
Geography is seldom the key to your success.
So many people have proven their ability to do what they do but don’t have the passion for it.
Take a look at your:
- unique skills and abilities
- values, dreams and passions
- personality tendencies
Find more about the DISC Personality Assessment here.
The attached email seems to be legitimate. How can I be sure? How should I respond?
While this email is legitimate, how much are you willing to do for the slim chance of maybe getting $25? I’d encourage you to instead spend your time pursuing an idea that will make you $25,000.
I would much rather purse something that generates positive energy for me.
At what point do I need to get a business license so I don’t get in trouble with the law?
Always report your income to the IRS. There is no particular magic time when you need to get a business license. When you get to about $50,000 a year, that’s often a good time to get a business license.
But it may do you well to go ahead and get a business license so you see yourself as a business person.
Don’t get lost in the details of your business. Have your focus be making it profitable.
I heard you mentioning how you make money off the cars that you drive. I would like to know how you took something which most people “consume” and turned it into an investment.
The key to making money on cars that you drive is to really understand cars. Go with the thing that you understand.
The other key is to always be ready, but never be in a hurry.
I actually went into the details of what I call “Car Hacking” in a Monday Mentor Training in the 48 Days Eagles Community a while back. Eagles have access to that at any time.
- When you’re looking to find your true focus for a business idea, look for ways that you can set it apart from others.
- As an author, focus on your message rather than the book. Or if you’re a great writer, focus on your writing and help others write their books. Just this week, we had Nick Pavlidis, the 48 Days Eagles Dean of Writing, on the Monday Mentor Call in the Eagles Community sharing about his ghostwriting and how he makes so much more than the average author.
Quotation:“This above all: to thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any man.” William ShakespeareClick To Tweet
Acres of Diamonds – 48days.com/acres
How You Can Help The Show
If you find this podcast helpful, please Subscribe and Review it on iTunes. It’s a great way to support the show and only takes a few seconds.
Have a Question for Dan?
Submit your questions at www.48days.com/askdan
If I use your question we’ll send you an autographed copy of 48 Days to the Work and Life You Love
- You can choose to live anywhere you want. Geography is seldom the key to your success.
- 85% of the process of having the confidence of proper direction in your career and life – comes from looking inward.
- Don’t waste time chasing pennies when you could be creating dollars.
- Don’t get lost in the details of your business. Find your true focus in making it profitable.
- Here’s how to make money with anything where you’re knowledgeable. Always be ready – never be in a hurry.