The choices we make — People often suspect they made a wrong turn early in their career or life. I think what’s important is what you’re doing today to make your life beautiful. You could be on one of 50 different “roads” and still choose to make your life miserable – or awesome.
Episode #618 June 29, 2018
Hi, this is Dan Miller – and yes you’re listening to the 48 Days Radio show – where each week we take 48 minutes to dive into real life questions about finding your passion, deciding what kind of life you want to live – and then finding or creating work that allows you to show up every day, excited to be able to do something that is meaningful, fulfilling – and profitable. This is where normal, indecision and ambiguity come to die. Welcome to the 48 Days Radio Show.
1. How a singing resume landed Page a cool job
2. The Man I Want to Meet
3. Do you ever meet with someone for a one-time boost?
4. How can we help our 15-yr-old think creatively about careers?
Call to Action – what are you doing today to make the road you’re on beautiful?
5 Books I want my own grandkids to read by the time they’re 13 years old:
- Carnegie, Dale. How to Win Friends & Influence People. This is the classic little book on creating great relationships and building trust with others.
- Ziglar, Zig. See You at the Top. This book is full of easy to understand principles for any age. We used it as a text book for homeschooling our children.
- Hill, Napoleon. Think and Grow Rich. I’m sure you’ve heard of this one. The principles are as true today as they were in 1937. I value this book so much I have an original copy.
- Schwartz, David. The Magic of Thinking Big. Workable methods for thinking big. How to create your own “good luck.” The book that put coach Lou Holtz on the road to extraordinary success.
- Conwell, Russell. Acres of Diamonds. I love this little story about discovering that the opportunities for our greatest success are often right under our nose.
Get a digital version here FREE when you sign up for Dan’s weekly inspiration and tips on finding or creating work you love.
Get a free copy of Kent Julian’s “9 Ways to Get Paid as a Speaker” pdf here: FirstPaidSpeech.com/48days.
Check out my daughter Ashley’s overview of being “location independent” here 48days.com/travel
Do you have what it takes to be a coach? Take the quiz and find out.
Meet Dan and Joanne at:
Igniting Souls Conference in Columbus, Ohio Oct. 26-28th, 2018
Kent Julian’s Paid to Speak Conference in Atlanta on August 23-25th, 2018
Podcast Movement in Philadelphia on July 24-26th, 2018
Cliff Ravenscraft’s Free the Dream Conference in Franklin, TN on September 7-9th, 2018
Join this exploding community of achievers: 48 Days Eagles
To submit a question comment or success story for the Podcast, send your note to askdan@48Days.com
Share this Post