[fusebox_track_player url=”https://traffic.libsyn.com/secure/workyoulove/48Days-2022-03-25.mp3″ social_linkedin=”true” social_pinterest=”true” social_email=”true” ]
A listener questioned why I always side with the dreamer in a marriage. Why don’t I tell the dreamer to settle down, bury your dream and be content with a “regular job”? I’ll admit, my own dreams come through in my answers. Do you think I’m too one-sided in my common responses regarding the “reluctant spouse”?
Marianne Renner is a perfect example of someone who has a blend of a job and a business. She actually has a book titled “Stop Thinking Like An Employee” that talks about how you can apply the entrepreneurial mindset to your job and rock it. Check it out here.
The real key is to sit down together and validate what both people want.
Episode #823 March 25, 2022
Hi this is Dan Miller – and yes you’re listening to the 48 Days Radio show – where each week we take 48 minutes to dive into real-life questions about finding your passion, deciding what kind of life you want to live – and then finding or creating work that allows you to show up every day, excited to be able to do something that is meaningful, fulfilling – and profitable. This is where normal, indecision and ambiguity come to die. Welcome to the 48 Days Radio Show.
Our business has grown 400% in the past 3 years. Our 2022 goal is to double our 2021 business, I’m going to be tired but loving it all.
Mandy is a 48 Days Eagle. We’ll be sharing more about her story in our newsletter soon.
I’ll turn 50 this year, and I’ve never been more excited about the future. I’m reevaluating, prioritizing, readjusting, and rewriting my future.
You can access my recent interview with Jeff Jones that he mentions here.
I’m starting to feel lame and embarrassed in my job search, and it’s discouraging me from continuing to apply with the companies I really like because when I’m ignored repeatedly it makes me feel kind of disrespected and that they won’t even give me the time of day.
Get your own copy of the 20th Anniversary Edition of 48 Days To the Work and Life You Love here
Consider creative ways to offer your services, even on a freelance basis to several companies as opposed to applying for a full-time position with one company.
Increase the numbers of the people you’re contacting. Make sure you’re reaching out to 30 to 40 companies.
As of January 2022, 1 of 7 jobs that are being offered are remote.
Look at the steps of the job search process to determine where it’s breaking down.
- Introduction Letter
- Follow up with a cover letter and resume four or five days later. If you’re not getting any response here, that probably means you need to take another look at your resume.
- Follow up with a phone call to ask for an interview. It is difficult to reach people by phone these days. So look at ways you can be creative in reaching them.
- Get the interview. If you’re getting several interviews but not getting job offers, then we need to look at what’s happening in the interview that is making people not look at you as a viable part of their team. Since the interview is on Zoom, you may need to look at how you are presenting yourself on Zoom.
• Dress just like you would in a face-to-face interview.
• Stand up and have your computer elevated to standing height so you speak with more confidence.
• Look at your background – what do they see? Is your background professional?
• Make sure you have a good microphone and camera so they can hear you and see you well. Here is the new camera I got recently that made a huge difference on my Zoom calls: Logitech 922Pro
• Don’t multitask and make sure you’re not going to be interrupted.
I retired from health care making six figures but had gotten frustrated in our Western Medical Model of Care. Is the Eagles Community the place for me?
Yes, I believe based on what you’ve presented here that you’ll really get a lot out of the Eagles Community. Go to 48dayseagles.com to see if you agree.
Quotation:'We cannot discover new oceans until we have the courage to lose sight of the shore.” - Muriel ChenClick To Tweet
Take the entrepreneur readiness quiz – do you have what it takes to be an entrepreneur? – 48days.com/entrepreneur
Apply to join me for lunch at 48days.com/foodforthought
How You Can Help The Show
If you find this podcast helpful, please Subscribe and Review it on iTunes. It’s a great way to support the show and only takes a few seconds.
Have a Question for Dan?
Submit your questions at www.48days.com/askdan
If I use your question we’ll send you an autographed copy of 48 Days to the Work and Life You Love