[fusebox_track_player url=”https://traffic.libsyn.com/workyoulove/48Days-2023-01-20.mp3″ social_linkedin=”true” social_pinterest=”true” social_email=”true” ]
A listener says he’s done. Do you want to believe you’re capable of more than you’re doing now? Do you want to shoot for the stars? Or have you decided, like the old Jack Nicholson movie – this is “As Good As It Gets”?
Episode #866 January 20, 2023
Hi this is Dan Miller – and yes you’re listening to the 48 Days Radio show – where each week we take 48 minutes to dive into real-life questions about finding your passion, deciding what kind of life you want to live – and then finding or creating work that allows you to show up every day, excited to be able to do something that is meaningful, fulfilling – and profitable. This is where normal, indecision and ambiguity come to die. Welcome to the 48 Days Radio Show.
Thank you for being a listener of this podcast. I love hearing from you and being allowed to think through the questions we all have about finding or creating work that matters, for people who care.
Here are 10 songs about how bad Mondays are:
- Monday Monday by The Mamas and the Papas
- Manic Monday by the Bengals
- Monday Morning Merle by Cody Johnson
- Every Little Honky Tonk Bar by George Strait
- Monday Morning Church by Alan Jackson
- Come Monday by Jimmy Buffet
- Monday Morning by Fleetwood Mac
- If We’re Not Back In Love by Monday by Merle Haggard
- Rainy Days and Mondays by The Carpenters
- Blue Monday by Fats Domino
To turn that around find my book, No More Dreaded Mondays here.
If you know any songs that reflect on Monday positively, let me know. If you send me a positive song about Mondays, I’ll send you a copy of No More Dreaded Mondays.
Maybe we need to create one.
How to watch out for fake job offers.
People lost over $200 million in employment-related scams.
The best way to protect yourself is to be aware that it is going on and do your research.
- 30% of you are full-time employees but dreaming of more
- 54% of our listeners have a college degree and 27% have a master’s degree
- An overwhelming majority say you want to create a life you love (more than who say they want to create a business or get a particular job)
- The highest category of income range is $100,000 to $250,000
- 74% are 49 to 64 years old and 25% of you are 26-48
- The topic you want to hear about most is creating work you love. The #2 topic is mindset.
- The content you enjoy most here on this podcast are listener questions and responses. #2 is my thoughts on a specific topic.
- 74% of you said you were interested in a 48 Days Live Event. I am thrilled to hear that because we have a larger live event planned here in Sarasota, FL, August 9-10, as well as a couple of regional meetups this spring.
This gives me so much input for both this podcast and the resources we create here as well as my upcoming book, the 25th Anniversary Edition of 48 Days To the Work and Life You Love.
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback.
I’m done trying to do the impossible
One of our 48 Days Eagles recently sent me a new book, The Art of Impossible by Steven Kotler – “We are capable of so much more than we know.” I love the whole setup of this.
If you’re happy, I’m happy. If you’re not and you want to do something to move toward the impossible, I want to help you find some new opportunities.
Tina wants to get a Ph.D. – should she go for it?
If you really love the learning process and want to get a Ph.D., absolutely go for it.
A few cautionary points:
- Be careful what sacrifices you make to get it. Don’t amass $100,000 in debt or lost income to get it. You don’t have to go to Harvard, Yale, or Cambridge to get your Ph.D. in mechanical engineering. Consider a flexible and affordable program that allows you to continue working while you get your Ph.D.
- If you’re wanting a Ph.D. to get the piece of paper that will get you a better job, then I don’t think that’s a good enough reason to do it.
Quotation:“Make each day your masterpiece.” ~ John WoodenClick To Tweet
John Wooden’s 7 principles to start each day:
1. Be true to yourself.
2. Help others.
3. Make each day your masterpiece.
4. Drink deeply from good books, especially the Bible.
5. Make friendship a fine art.
6. Build a shelter against a rainy day.
7. Pray for guidance and count and give thanks for your blessings every day.
14 Questions To Get You Started On Your Own Path of Self-Direction and Reflection
Answer the questions – you’ll get them sent back to you immediately so you can reflect on and review them.
How You Can Help The Show
If you find this podcast helpful, please Subscribe and Review it on iTunes. It’s a great way to support the show and only takes a few seconds.
Share this episode with a friend by clicking the social icons at the top or bottom of this post.
Have a Question for Dan?
Submit your questions at www.48days.com/askdan
If I use your question we’ll send you an autographed copy of 48 Days to the Work and Life You Love