[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/workyoulove/48Days-2019-03-01.mp3″ social_gplus=”false” social_linkedin=”true” social_pinterest=”true” social_email=”true” ]
A listener is making a great living with his cleaning business but is embarrassed that it’s not something more professional. Let’s look at the value of this work and the benefits of having a profitable business. However, he can also move his proven business skills to another business that blends his passion.
What To Do If You’re Not Proud of the Work You Do
Episode #653 March 01, 2019
Hi, this is Dan Miller – and yes you’re listening to the 48 Days Radio show – where each week we take 48 minutes to dive into real life questions about finding your passion, deciding what kind of life you want to live – and then finding or creating work that allows you to show up every day, excited to be able to do something that is meaningful, fulfilling – and profitable. This is where normal, indecision and ambiguity come to die. Welcome to the 48 Days Radio Show.
1. How do we subtly start to sabotage our work if it doesn’t fit us?
2. I am not proud of the work I do.
3. Should I take a job when it doesn’t check all the “work I love” boxes.
4. Can I make a profitable business detailing cars?
Quotation:'Given the amount of time we spend working, failure to find meaningful, significant work is not just a minor misstep in living out God's plan; it is a deeper kind of failure that can make each day feel like living death.” — Dan MillerClick To Tweet
What if my dream isn’t paying the bills? A special resource with the podcast and a Study Guide put together by one of our listeners. Access this special resource at 48days.com/creativity
Are you out of work right now? If so, send a brief note (250 words) or a one-minute video to [email protected] explaining how you lost your job – what you learned from the process – and what you are moving TO. We’ll draw one name per week in March to receive our Ultimate Fresh Start Package to help launch you into the next season of your career.
7 Signs You’re Sabotaging Your Current Job
- Showing up late and justifying it
- Indecision – not caring enough to make a firm decision
- Avoiding communication with others at work
- Following rather than leading
- Self hatred because you’re not being authentic
- Growing fear because you know you need to move on but haven’t created a plan of action
- Just doing my job!
Our Acres of Diamonds Cruise – https://www.48days.com/cruise/