In Seven Pillars of Wisdom, T.E. Lawrence says, “There are dreamers, but not all human beings dream equally. Some are dreamers of the night, who in the dusty recesses of their mind dream and wake in the morning to find it was just vanity. But the Dreamers of the Day are dangerous people because they act their dreams into reality with open eyes.”
Episode #733 July 03, 2020
Hi this is Dan Miller – and yes you’re listening to the 48 Days Radio show – where each week we take 48 minutes to dive into real-life questions about finding your passion, deciding what kind of life you want to live – and then finding or creating work that allows you to show up every day, excited to be able to do something that is meaningful, fulfilling – and profitable. This is where normal, indecision and ambiguity come to die. Welcome to the 48 Days Radio Show.
What if we offered an Eagle’s Nest for “Entrepreneurial Pastors”?
Shared in Rudder of the Day: “Dreamers of the day are dangerous people because they act their dreams into reality with open eyes.” – T.E. Lawrence
Be not only a dreamer of the night but also a dreamer of the day.
Creative people solve problems while making a profit.
The Creativity Leap by Natalie Nixon – “I define creativity as our ability to toggle between wonder and rigor to solve problems and produce novel value.”
Should I just go back to being a worker and employee somewhere?
This is a very individualized process.
Don’t see this as a two-choiced solution (either be a worker bee or an entrepreneur).
I talk about some new concepts like being a Digital Nomad or Electronic Immigrant in the new 20th Anniversary edition of 48 Days To the Work (and Life) You Love. Get it here and claim some special launch bonuses.
Look at your unique skills and abilities; your personality traits; and your values, dreams and passions to find that sweet spot that blends your talent, passion and money.
How can I sell more financial advice books to teenagers?
How To Rock Your Money: A Teenager’s Guide for Financial Success
I project 0 income on a book by itself.
Look at possibilities of speaking, affiliate relationships, coaching, live events, an online membership community, etc. related to the message of the book.
Long story short: I work at a job I hate.
Quotation: “Cherish your visions and your dreams as they are the children of your soul, the blueprints of your ultimate accomplishments.” -- Napoleon HillClick To Tweet
Are You Living the Life You Love? Take the 5-minute Life You Love Quiz to find out if you are living your best life.
Ten Characteristics of People who end up Rich
- Expect Success
- Create a clear plan
- Work Hard
- Avoid Debt
- Be teachable and a lifelong learner
- Exercise self-control, persistence, and delayed gratification.
- Accept Personal Responsibility
- Keep Good Company
- Remain Opportunity conscious
- Enjoy the present but plan for the future
- Resource: Are You Living the Life You Love? Take the 5-minute Life You Love Quiz to find out if you are living your best life. 48days.com/wyl
- “Cherish your visions and your dreams as they are the children of your soul, the blueprints of your ultimate accomplishments.” — Napoleon Hill
- Finding success is a very individualized path
- You can decide today to being living the Ten Characteristics of People who end up Rich
- Once you walk out of “normal” the world of possibilities explodes.