A pastor wants to know if he should just “stomach” the church to keep from jeopardizing his income. The challenge is – you cannot do good work if you don’t enjoy the work you’re doing. So nobody wins. Everyone is being cheated on the joy that comes from doing work you love.
Episode #731 June 19, 2020
Hi, this is Dan Miller – and yes you’re listening to the 48 Days Radio show – where each week we take 48 minutes to dive into real life questions about finding your passion, deciding what kind of life you want to live – and then finding or creating work that allows you to show up every day, excited to be able to do something that is meaningful, fulfilling – and profitable. This is where normal, indecision and ambiguity come to die. Welcome to the 48 Days Radio Show.
I’m starting a business providing training and consulting to other companies. How important is it for me to incorporate vs. just operating as a sole proprietor?
What do you do when you have more work and clients than you want?
I’m a new loan officer and the job is 100% commission. Should I just go out and get a job so that I have regular income even though that means I will have little time to put into the loan position? Or, is there some trick to making 100% commission work faster?
How can I monetize reading to kids?
My passion is gone. I’m a 55-year-old pastor and have lost my passion for this position. Should I stay and just stomach the church because of the significant income?
Quotation:'Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle.” Steve JobsClick To Tweet
Find out more about the new 48 Days To the Work (and Life) You Love, get a free chapter, get bonuses when you purchase and take the free quiz to find out if you’re living a life you love at https://www.48days.com/loveyourwork20
- You don’t need to incorporate your business until you’re generating $50-60K in revenue.
- If you have more work and clients than you can handle turn your expertise into forms that create residual income.
- Do you want a minimal amount of coaching? Look for a group program rather than individual.
- If you’re in commissioned sales, track your numbers and be consistent in making sales calls and presentations.
- If you enjoy doing something that doesn’t make a lot of money – don’t discard your passion and enjoyment, but look for 4 or 5 ways to turn that passion into passive forms of income.
- Don’t ever try to inspire others if your own passion is gone.
How You Can Help The Show
If you find this podcast helpful, please Subscribe and Review it on iTunes. It’s a great way to support the show and only takes a few seconds.
Have a Question for Dan?
Send your questions to askdan@48Days.com