Last week we had our annual sold-out INNOVATE event here at the Sanctuary. These were people who were willing to fire up their imagination and dream about what is possible. The diversity in the room was awesome. As I read through their registration responses I saw those who were a deputy sheriff, car salesman, concert promoter, carpenter, seamstress, dance teacher, video producer, blogger, artist, writer, restaurant owner, banker, stay-at-home mom, photographer, ex-nun, glass sculptor, teacher, e-Bay entrepreneur, speaker, lifestyle evangelist, software developer, tree eater, podcaster, doggy daycare provider, internet salesperson and more.
We heard from presenters Deby Dearman, Ken Davis, Bob Baker, Jared Angaza, Joanne Miller, and Ashley Logsdon. Perhaps stealing the show was the interview with my granddaughter Clara Logsdon, describing her entrepreneurial adventures. You can hear a live 10-min interview with Clara in this week’s 48 Days Radio Show.
For two days these people “leaned into the future,” painting the picture of the life they want 3 years from now. We focused on clarifying purpose and then how to turn the application of that into profits. We dug deep into our shared desires to make the world a better place.
I trust that together we got a jump start for the success we all are headed for. But you can do the same. No event is the magic pill. If you are passionate about your own progress, nothing can stand in your way.
Here’s a recap – and a quick process you can model:
- Lean into the future – decide what you want your live to look like 3 years from now
- Paint a picture of that life so you can see if clearly (sketch it out even if you’re not an artist)
- Clarify your Purpose (Higher Purpose leads to Higher Profits)
- Create a clear business plan to put legs on your idea
- Don’t compare your current day-to-day with someone else’s highlight reel. We all started at the beginning.
Can you “see” the future you want coming into clear view?