Do you think about being rich? What you think about rich people now probably says a lot about your chances of being one of them. I observe a lot of people criticizing the rich but at the same time wanting more money themselves. How does that work together? How would you be different if you had more money?
Episode #860 December 09, 2022
Hi this is Dan Miller – and yes you’re listening to the 48 Days Radio show – where each week we take 48 minutes to dive into real-life questions about finding your passion, deciding what kind of life you want to live – and then finding or creating work that allows you to show up every day, excited to be able to do something that is meaningful, fulfilling – and profitable. This is where normal, indecision and ambiguity come to die. Welcome to the 48 Days Radio Show.
Thank you for being a listener of this podcast. I love hearing from you and being allowed to think through the questions we all have about finding or creating work that matters, for people who care.
How can I accelerate my personal growth?
How can I double my income next year?
I don’t seem to have any new ideas. How can I be the first to hear about good ideas?
How can I be a person that others come to for advice?
7 Benefits of Being a Business Owner
- You double the rate of personal development. I’ve always heard that the best way to learn something is to teach it. I’ve learned valuable principles about maximum success as I’ve coached other people to their own highest levels of success. Don’t think you have to be the expert in everything to run a business successfully – trust me, you’ll learn 80 percent of what you need to know from your clients.
- You can make an extraordinary living. Business owners typically make between $80 and $200 an hour. Once you understand the concepts of leveraging your expertise, you can see how $100,000 a year is not unreasonable. And then $300-500,000 seem possible. You can put yourself in the category of any other highly paid professional and see your network of contacts open new opportunities.
- You build lasting, empowering relationships. Having come from a traditional counseling background, this is one of the benefits I enjoy most about coaching. In traditional counseling, you have to maintain a professional distance from your clients and would seldom entertain the idea of actually being friends. With coaching, that is not the case. And with whatever business you have, you will see your relationships as having ongoing, residual value.
- You become a master of life. I don’t know of any other career choice that sets the stage so well for developing excellence in your own life. As I’ve walked through helping clients attain success in physical, spiritual, personal development, career and financial areas, it has prompted me to look for more success in those areas myself.
- You are well-positioned for the next opportunity. I never get tired of hearing about new ideas – and it gives me a driver’s seat position for getting involved if I choose to do so. Your business will set you up to be on the cutting edge of things developing in that industry.
- You get to give your gift. As business owners, we get to just be ourselves all the time. My interactions with clients, our neighbors, friends of our kids, business associates and casual encounters in restaurants and airplanes, all have the continuing theme of helping people find and fulfill their highest calling and purpose. Your business is your best opportunity to connect with people as you offer your solution to the challenges they are facing.
- You will be appreciated. When you truly do provide a solution to someone, they will love you for it. I don’t know of any more gratifying work than to be involved with people as they are moving from mediocrity to excellence – or from having a problem to having an amazing solution.
Quotation:“Formal education will make you a living, self-education will make you a fortune.” Jim RohnClick To Tweet
Do you have what it takes to be an entrepreneur – 48days.com/entrepreneurWatch my video on Serving from a Full Cup 48 Low or No Cost Business Ideas
How You Can Help The Show
If you find this podcast helpful, please Subscribe and Review it on iTunes. It’s a great way to support the show and only takes a few seconds.
Have a Question for Dan?
Submit your questions at www.48days.com/askdan
If I use your question we’ll send you an autographed copy of 48 Days to the Work and Life You Love