Unemployment remains at 9.6% but that may be a poor indicator of the real work situation. Try to make these points fit nicely into an economic or political framework:
- In the second quarter (April-June) of this year, more people quit their jobs than were laid off or terminated.
- The #1 concern of employers is finding and keeping talented people.
- Losing a job is often a wake-up call for our dormant dreams.
- A lot of people are becoming “accidental entrepreneurs.”
- You don’t have to be rich or privileged to be an entrepreneur.
We’ve created a society that trains people for “jobs” rather than helping them find their talent and passion.
If people think about what kind of world they would like to create they will naturally see a business that will help make that world.
“The times when everyone is confused and stunned can present an enormous opportunity because no one’s really doing anything,” says Dell Computer founder Michael Dell. “I think this is the time when the seeds of really successful new businesses will be created.”
There’s never been a better time to find your own unique opportunity.
Share this Post