CAN YOU IMAGINE HAVING TEAM MEMBERS WHO:
- Find their work fulfilling?
- Arrive inspired and ready to work on Monday mornings?
- Know their “why” and are passionate about what they do?
I’m excited about the opportunity of working with you on your special event. I’ve spoken at many events and realize the significance of having the right speaker…and of having a speaker who engages with your audience to create a memorable and life-changing experience.
While I have refined the art of presentation I also realize there must be a match in the content chosen, or the audience will not be served well. My specialty is challenging the status quo about how we view “work.”
- Is it just a bitter pill that is part of the real world?
- Is it a curse from God?
- Or is it our greatest opportunity for a fulfilling, meaningful, and profitable life?
If your group needs to be inspired about the opportunities that purposeful work provides, my presentations will wake up those dormant dreams and talents for individual and organizational benefit.
Thank you for checking out this page – I hope it will leave you with a good sense of the benefit of having me come speak to your audience.
If you’d like to jump right to finding out if I’m available, you may do so here: Check Availability
Dan Miller knocked it out of the park at our recent Launch Conference. He was inspiring, funny, and exceedingly practical. The audience hung on every word. Several participants told us that his presentation was worth the price of the entire conference. We loved working with him and hope he will come back soon!
~Michael Hyatt, New York Times Bestselling Author and Partner, Dynamic Communicators International
I love to cater any speaking package to what fits your specific need. I speak on topics related to the changing workplace, finding passion in your work and life and identifying your calling. My promise: I typically provide summary sheets or one of our products (48 Days to the Work You Love or No More Dreaded Mondays) to participate attendees. I have KeyNote presentations available for all my topics and am also fine with speaking without them.
- You will receive prompt, courteous responses from my team throughout the process of finalizing every detail.
- I will personally call you before the event so I can better understand how to serve you and your audience.
- We will look beyond the red tape and genuinely strive to make this event a win-win for everyone.
- I will promote your event through social media and my website if it is open to the public.
- A custom resource page based on topic for attendees to access – complete with the KeyNote, links to resources, and any additional material that is applicable.
I’m dubbed the “Creative Thinker” of my company, 48 Days, LLC. I’ve written multiple books including 48 Days to the Work You Love, No More Dreaded Mondays, The Rudder of the Day, Write to the Bank, Wisdom Meets Passion and Creating Your Own Mastermind Group. My audio programs include Living, Loving and Working, and the Nightingale Conant produced Dream Job. My writings have appeared in AARP and Success magazines, The New York Sun and The Washington Post. I have been a guest on CBS The Early Show, Chris Matthew’s Hardball, and Fox Business News. The very popular 48 Days Eagles social networking site is a growing and vibrant community of people who are finding – or creating – the work they love. My in-depth knowledge of the changing workplace combined with my years of executive coaching have prepared me to address a wide range of audiences. My particular strength is that of guiding people in recognizing their unique talents – and how those talents can be applied in work that is meaningful, fulfilling and profitable. I routinely get rave reviews from manufacturing companies, banking institutions, universities, service providers, and churches.
Dan speaking at Belmont University
Hold Fast to Dreams Have you ever noticed that even if God allows you to identify your dream – you’re expected to work to make it happen? It seems that even when dreams are coming true – God requires our part in the process. This is one of Dan’s most requested presentations – get ready to release your dreams. What do you do with your dreams? Poet Langston Hughes wrote:
Hold fast to dreams For if dreams die Life is a broken-winged bird That cannot fly.
And that’s a clear picture of what happens to us. Without dreams we will never be inspired or do our best work. Most of us operate under clear but questionable beliefs about what we are able to accomplish. If those beliefs are changed, the results change as well. Many people are living their lives within boundaries that exist only in their minds.
“Cherish your visions and your dreams as they are the children of your soul, the blueprints of your ultimate accomplishments.” – Napoleon Hill
Don’t rest until you find your unique visions and dreams… Have you ever noticed that even if God allows you to identify your dream – you’re expected to work to make it happen? If you land the big job – then you have to perform, to work effectively, day after day – to keep your place. If you’re accepted into a prestigious college – then you have to study to keep your grades up or that college will ask you to leave. It seems that even when dreams are coming true – God requires our part in the process. This is one of Dan’s most requested presentations – get ready to release your dreams.
Wisdom meets Passion Wisdom meets Passion will show how to blend the two – equipping you to accomplish your greatest financial goals, experience the thrill of fulfilling relationships, create meaningful work, and to complete your purpose and calling. Baby Boomers have relied on wisdom to pave the way to success. Younger generations today have relied on passion as the guiding principle for their version of success.Education, knowledge, investing strategies, 401ks, real estate leverage and carefully contrived career paths were expected to lead to success in one’s golden years. Seeing the overall failure of that formulaic approach to life, younger generations today have relied on passion as the guiding principle for their version of success. Just find something cool to do; forget having a mortgage and a BMW in the driveway. And yet both are necessary. Regardless of age, those using wisdom only to achieve their goals are likely to end up disappointed and unfulfilled – feeling as though they have been chasing empty rainbows. Those trusting passion alone may lose the power of wisdom and end up underachieving, falling short of their potential and unable to attain their worthy goals. Wisdom without passion can feel like having that BMW in the driveway with no gas in the tank. And passion without wisdom can feel like a powerful Ferrari with no steering wheel. Wisdom meets Passion will show how to blend the two – equipping you to develop your greatest talent, and live a life of meaning and purpose, no matter which age group you represent.
The Glory of God is Man Fully Alive In this presentation, Dan unpacks our old views of work – and reveals the opportunities for proper matches in our work that birth a new sense of meaning and purpose. (Drawn from principles in 48 Days to the Work You Love) What does it mean to be “fully alive” in our work? Here are some statistics coming out of our changing workplace today:
- The average job is 3.2 years in length
- Those in their 20s are changing jobs every 13 months
- 81% of Americans say they would quit or change jobs today if they knew how
- 465,000 new businesses are being created each month in the U.S.
- Experts estimate that by 2018 only 50% of the American workforce will be “employees”
“The Glory of God is Man Fully Alive” – St Irenaeus
The attractions of the new models of work include:
- MORE Security
- A more satisfying lifestyle
- Greater financial opportunity
- More autonomy, mastery and purpose
- The opportunity to live with passion (to be “fully alive”)
Who are You and Why are You Here? This intensive but enjoyable event addresses the most pervasive and recurring questions I receive daily – “Who Am I and Why Am I Here?” How can I know my calling and purpose? Can I trust my dreams and passions? And once I know my talents, dreams and passions, how can I integrate those into meaningful, purposeful – and profitable, work? How do you discover “Who Am I and Why Am I Here?” What is it that you find naturally enjoyable? If money were not important, what would you spend your time doing? When do you find the time just flying by? What are those recurring themes that keep coming up in your thinking? What did you enjoy as a child but perhaps have been told was unrealistic or impractical to focus on as a career?
No More Mondays Here comes another Monday. Maybe feeling trapped is just the reality of the way things are. Doesn’t everyone dread Mondays? Doesn’t every responsible person just bury their dreams and passions in exchange for a paycheck? Absolutely not! Each of us can learn to bring the same excitement to our work that we bring to the most enjoyable weekend activities. Here comes another Monday. Maybe feeling trapped is just the reality of the way things are. Doesn’t everyone dread Mondays? Doesn’t every responsible person just bury their dreams and passions in exchange for a paycheck? Absolutely not! Each of us can learn to bring the same excitement to our work that we bring to the most enjoyable weekend activities. And we know that changes in the workplace are exploding – nothing is staying the same. But if you take a careful look you’ll discover this is good news. The radical shifts that are reshaping the American economy invite each of us to redesign our work and create a career path that matches our values, dreams and passions, as well as our expertise. More than ever before, successful workers need to draw on their creativity, spiritual vitality and relationship skills. In doing so, we will:
- Bring the same excitement to our work that we bring to the most enjoyable weekend activities.
- Create a career path that matches our values, dreams and passions, as well as our expertise. More than ever before, successful workers need to draw on their creativity, spiritual vitality and relationship skills.
- Uncover how to unleash our creativity in profitable ways
Michael Hyatt and I recently had Dan Miller do a presentation “Developing Multiple Streams of Income” at our LAUNCH conference. WOW is the only word that comes to my mind. Dan inspired our students with practical strategies that will change their lives. For me, the value of Dan’s presentation was the equivalent of him writing me a $100,000 check. That’s the minimum I believe we will benefit financially from hearing his presentation.
~Ken Davis, Speaker/Comedian Award winning Author Partner, Dynamic Communications International
As a bonus option, I have often hosted a town-hall meeting after one of my keynote presentations.
(This is an optional interactive session with audience)
- Greeting and Registration of attendees – 5:30 – 6:00 PM
- Opening Presentation on No More Mondays– 45 minutes
- Workplace trends
- New Work Models
- Statistics on Job Changes
- Seeing Opportunities in the midst of change
- Break – 15 minutes
- Fun Interactions, Door Prizes, Gathering of 3″x5” question cards
- Question & Answer Session – 7:00 – 8:00 PM
* My fees range from $10,000-$12,000, and I travel business coach from Nashville, TN.
- Good to Great Workshop for CLC Board Retreat, Nashville, TN
- Discovery Church – Orlando, FL
- Cool Springs Chamber of Commerce, Franklin, TN
- Christian Women in the Marketplace luncheon, Brentwood, TN
- CEO Fellowship, Brentwood, TN
- Men vs Wild Conference– Long Hollow Baptist Church
- Fully Alive — Thompson Station Church
- White House Fellowship, Washington, D.C.
- Keynote Speaker for Fishnet Live, Woodbridge, VA (Oct & Nov)
- LifeWay Bookstore – Manager’s Annual Conference
- John Tesh – Intelligence for Your Life Cruise – featured speaker
- LifeWay Christian Resources — Leadership Workshop
- TACE – Tennessee Assoc. of Colleges and Employers – keynote speaker
- Fresh Start Career Expo – Salem Radio The Fish – keynote speaker
- Extreme Makeover – Career Edition – Lipscomb University
- Belmont and Beyond – Belmont University
- Seniority, Inc 2011 Leadership Summit – keynote (Doing Work that Matters)
- Tennessee Christian Chamber of Commerce – featured speaker
- Brentwood United Methodist Church – Career Transitions Speaker
- Catawba College – Lilly Colloquium Conference – featured speaker
- Dave Ramsey EntreLeadership Podcast