1. How did I get the rights to use Taking Care of Business as the lead-in for my podcast? 2. How can I get liability insurance for advice that I give? 3. Can I start a real business – or am I just creating a job for myself? 4. Can I get paid for my reading skills? 5. Do I need a job to finance my business? 6. Can a person learn to sell – or is it something you either have or don’t have?
1. Dan, how does one get over the stigma of being a convicted felon? 2. Do I need an ISBN for a self-published book? 3. Should I use my own name in my business name – or something else? 4. How can I get an interesting job without a college degree? 5. How do I stay motivated to do anything worthwhile when I’m in a job I hate? 6. Why is running your own business such a difficult concept for the working class to grasp?
1. Dan, why are you spouting all this positive crap when the economy is in the tank? 2. Should I stay in my current job for 6 months to then get a 6-month severance? 3. Does Faith really work? I feel like I’m missing something. 4. Should I stay in school one more year just to get a degree – now that I know what I want to do? 5. I feel I am I doomed in any type of self-employment because I’m not a “people person.” 6. Are we supposed to “enjoy the work you do” or “find the … Read More
1. The power of reading 2. More on – Is work a curse? 3. Can I make money as a franchise owner? 4. Should I make this 5 year commitment? 5. Will I always struggle because I’m black? 6. Thanks Dan – I’ve broken through the negative crust.
1. Is money the best motivator for workers or are there better concepts? 2. My husband and I purchased and read 48 Days almost a year ago. But I have to say that the techniques in this book do not speak to the current hiring process. 3. I read 48 Days and put its principles into practice. On Day 48 I was offered a position at $123,000 (up from $96,500 at my old job) with four weeks paid vacation and my commute will be reduced by 50%. 4. I want to start up another restaurant business. I tried back in … Read More
1. I’m listening through the podcast archives and came across some from 2006 where you talked about 48Days to Creative Income, but I can’t find that book on your site. Why is that? 2. I have been told that one should never give negative information about a previous employer during an interview. But I was being pressured into charging for services not performed. Should I mention this? 3. I have done workshops in churches, prison, and some personal coaching. I get great compliments on how inspiring and motivating the workshops are. What do I need to do to make this … Read More
1. What suggestions would you give to a medical professional on developing alternative streams of income? 2. I recently started a tutoring business here in Texas. My prices are $30 an hour. People say they can’t do that price. How do I show how valuable I am? 3. What I am left with in reading your book is this: if a person does not have selling skills either to find a job for someone else or to start their own business, they will not do well. 4. I’m 61 years old and for the last 10 years, I’ve been unsuccessful … Read More
1. How important has persistence and determination played in any of your endeavors? Do you find that many people just simply give up too soon? 2. You talk about how much you help ministers write resumes for companies. I feel like my resume is too “churchy” and it’s not getting the looks it needs to impact non-profit organizations and the marketplace. 3. The past 8 years of my work has been accidental, but how do I intentionally pursue what I love if I don’t know what that is? 4. I want to start my own home inspection business but I … Read More
1. Thanks for being a Father to the Fatherless. All my life I’ve been looking for a father to teach me. How would you suggest we find & pursue mentors truly willing to pour into hungry young entrepreneurs? 2. I want to start a business taking photographs of children playing sports. I just bought a great digital camera but I’m afraid to get started. I guess I’m afraid of failure or success. 3. Dan can you explain the difference between working hard and workaholism? So many families and churches are hurting because of the workaholism in the culture. 4. I … Read More
What are your thoughts on the “Law of Attraction”, the thought that many self-improvement writers seem to forward. Being a Christian it makes me uneasy, as if it’s some sort of magic.